Torsen Limited slip diff

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kermit, May 19, 2016.

1. kermit

kermit Registered

hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me simulate a torsen LSD or something that gives similar function.

im a bit lost for values. can someone explain the below values and how they work?

DiffPowerRange=(1.0 , 0.05 , 1 )
    DiffPowerSetting=1
    DiffCoastRange=(1.0 , 0.05 , 1 )
    DiffCoastSetting=1
    DiffPreloadRange=(170 , 1.0 , 1 )
    DiffPreloadSetting=1

basically i think the only way to achieve this is to create a diff that is 100% locked ?
    Cheers
    Daniel

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

From the skip barber in devmode:

DiffPumpTorque=170 // at 100% pump diff setting, the torque redirected per wheelspeed difference in radians/sec (roughly 1.2kph)
    DiffPumpRange=(0.004,0.00,1) // differential acting on all driven wheels
    DiffPumpSetting=0
    DiffPowerRange=(0.0048,0.10,1) // fraction of power-side input torque transferred through diff
    DiffPowerSetting=0 // differential power setting
    DiffCoastRange=(0.0048,0.10,1) // fraction of coast-side input torque transferred through diff
    DiffCoastSetting=0 // differential coast setting
    DiffPreloadRange=(3.8, 1, 1) // preload torque that must be overcome to have wheelspeed difference
    DiffPreloadSetting=0 // preload setting
    RearSplitRange=(1.00, 0.10, 1) // Torque split to the rear, defaults to
    RearSplitSetting=0 // 50:50 if these entries aren't here.

Range= values are (<start value>, <step>, <number of values>). So (0.20, 0.05, 5) gives possible values of 0.20, 0.25, 0.30, 0.35, 0.40. (5 possible values). The first value is Setting=0, the last setting is (<number of values> - 1)

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

4. kermit

kermit Registered

Thankyou for the reply. So the values I have entered seems correct in a sense If I want a 100% locked diff. Up to 170N/m of torque.

I guess its the only way of simulating some kind of LSD.
    I did see the thread you mentioned and hope something had changed. My understanding of the torsen style LSD is that the diff is unlocked until the torque becomes different at a certain amount on the opposite wheel and the difference with just having a completely locked diff would be handling characteristics of understeer and and so forth.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Don't know much about diffs myself, but it sounds like you want the opposite of preload, which I assume rF2 can't do.

6. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Don't think it can be modeled in rF2. The .hdv only provides means of setting up static preload and locking forces with respect to *wheelspeed* difference.

To simulate a Torsen, you would need the sim to be aware of the torque being applied to each driven wheel and stop applying locking force when the difference in torque exceeds a torque bias ratio specified in the .hdv (if supported). A torsen does not have status preload. If you jacked up your car, you could freely spin the wheel lifted off the ground.

7. kermit

kermit Registered

Thanks for the replies guys, there does not seem to be anyway to simulate this by the looks of it or even fudge something similar.