Animated team members

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Woodee, May 18, 2016.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I know that there are certain objects that appear and disappear when a car enters the garage. Is it possible to have men inside the garage that appear when a user's car occupies this garage? Plus if possible to have them skinned with team colours?

Would something needed added to every car mod to allow for a pit crew wearing the correct overalls? Plus how to link this graphic to the people that appear in the garage? Would be nice to skin that guy that waves you out onto the pitlane.

2. smbrm

smbrm Registered

It would be even better if we could replace the pit arrow with a dude, even if he was static, just because it would be easier to find. But I am sure that is not a new request.

3. Arne Senna

Arne Senna Registered

View attachment 19998

4. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Screw animated pit crew...

I want this when I line up on the grid:

[​IMG]

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Create ".gmt's" with some pritcrew and grid girls should be possible:
    These .gmt's should be in the car.mas.

Gridmarker.gmt ==> your position marker with a formation standing start. ==> Grid girls :eek: (default :a red square with an arrow at the moment)
    Startbox.gmt ==> is pitcrew during a pitstop (default: a red square with an arrow at the moment the have texture animation)

Trackworkerleft.gmt + pitexitleft.anm ==> is your garage guy pointing you in direction left. (default:a rF2 trackworker at the moment)
    Trackworkerright.gmt + pitexitright.anm ==> is your garage guy pointing you in direction right. (default: rF2 trackworker at the moment)

The .gmt to be used for pit events is discribed in the pitcrew10sec, pitcrewleft, pitcrewnormal scripts

In theorie:
    You could create 3 scripts for the normal, left side, and 10sec penalty referring to different .gmt's with its animation file for each event.
    But the 3 default scripts refer all to startbox.gmt with no animation file.

I've tried to create new scripts refering to a different .gmt and i tried to replace the ones in the core scripts. But no avail.

BTW: What's in the script file is not rocket sience: :cool:

/////////////////////////////// PIT BOX
    Actor "Pit box"
    {
    Detail 0 // only show at medium or higher detail
    Position 0.0 0.0 0.0

Mesh "Startbox.gmt"
    }

Material names you can use for the pitcrew suits.
    - WCDRIVER, WCHELMET ==> pitcrew use the same suit and helmet as your driver.
    - WCPITHELMET, WCPITBODY ==> could be used if your pitcrew has a different suit and helmet.
    - WCLOLLIPOP ==> could be used for a custom lollipop plate with car number, driver name, car number... Your grid girl could wave with it on the grid. ;)

There are always some WCEXTRA's you can use if you want your gridgirl to have a custom "suit". or team logo in the pitbox or whatever you want to be unique per car.

To have a complete working pitcrew with a tire change. Some script events should be added based on your pit options (tire change, no tire change) and those should start when your car is boxed in its pitslot.

At the moment a static lollipop guy, and static grid girl should be possible. Animation could be added when the scripts are adjustable for modders.

6. andreaglass

andreaglass Registered

Great explanation, but don't expect 'fanboy #1' to do it; he'll be waiting for someone to do the work so he can pick it up and use it. He's not a modder, he just enter this sub-forum just looking for links to download. ;)

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Gijs.... you should come into the Racing Sim Modding hangout sometime, along with a few other people to share they screen, ideas and tips :) http://tinyurl.com/racingsimmodding