After Steam conversion- "Package not available" when trying to join server

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by JohnW63, May 15, 2016.

1. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

Now, before the quick answer is tossed my way that " You haven't installed all your package files" , let me report what I have done.

I verified, with the Mod Manager just what files our league mod uses and made sure I had ALL of those installed locally. I also remoted into my server and ran the same thing. I even opened the MAS2 utility and verified inside the mod what files were listed and check marked. I am pretty sure I have everything.

What is different is my previous install had a nickname and my new one has a different one. I don't recall the setup process through Steam even asking for it. It just wanted my email and password. I guess I recalled the right password, because it all installed and I got a Lifetime install key for Steam.

What would cause this error ? Other drivers in our league have been able to get joined to the server. In fact, in one case, the server downloaded stuff to his computer. In my case, it never asks.

Another question is about what the Steam install auto subscribes to. I quickly unsubscribed to ALL of the mods it was going to provide. We aren't using them. We have our league mod. Is there ANYTHING is that list that was required that I did not get.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You don't need to stay subscribed to anything, that's just the ISI content which will uninstall when you unsubscribe. So that's not related to your issue.

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

4. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I just tried it. Yes, I use ESET NOD32 antivirus. I excluded the Steam versions of rFactor products and got the same error. Just a simple screen that pops up over the server list that says, " Package not available ", when I choose to join our server. I also tried turning of NOD32 temporarily. No change.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  5. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I have found that I can attempt to join another leagues server, that I am on good terms with, and start downloading files and I assume eventually join their server. So , the issue is with my server files. As a shotgun approach, I moved ALL the packages from my non-Steam install on that same server, and nothing changed. Still get the error.

What I need to know is this. Is there a LOG file created for the dedicated server that shows when files are requested for download and what the result is and what file is requested ?

6. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I got it straightened out with the help of Dave, from NRT servers. There were multiple folders and files in the wrong places, like a local client install had occurred. Once all the file locations were correct and not interfering with each other, I and other can join properly.