Body Deformation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joekart, May 15, 2016.

1. joekart

joekart Registered

Hello,
    does this feature will come one day?
    It was already there in RF1
    THX

2. Depco

Depco Registered

Likely not. This type of graphical addition is very low on ISI's "to do" list if on it at all.

3. DaREALMastaD

DaREALMastaD Registered

The parameters are setup in most mods but ISI has yet to implement in this 3 year old release. I assume it won't be done as rFactor 2 takes a lot of CPU to run and adding that would probably lower the frames. I was rather disappointed but I have other games to play that are a more complete game.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It worked in rF1 with, I think it's fair to presume, not that much CPU load. I think it's the dev time requirement (rather than the CPU) that will stop this making it back in.

For sure other titles provide a more complete experience, especially for some specific race series, but that's what we have to deal with. If one of those titles centred around the series we mostly do in our league was able to do our league races we'd switch to it, but so far despite its shortcomings rF2's still the best option. Just have to accept what it doesn't give you and console yourself with what it does do very well.

5. joekart

joekart Registered

honestly, when I bought this game at first I thought there would be the body deformation, the rain on the windshield and sun glare. I think these three things are not as complicated to make and that the game would sell better if they existed.
    I am a little disappointed because it looks like it will never come, but fortunately the driving experience is incomparable.

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes we need it asap to improve the realism of the races.

7. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

If it has been removed it's likely that ISI just weren't satisfied with it and wanted to bring in a better model at some point. Whether that'll still happen or not, let alone when, is anyone's guess.

8. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

I'd like to know why the most recent car that ISI released seems to have decent body damage with fenders and wheels coming off yet the stock cars don't do any of this.

To me having proper body damage is extremely important in a racing game/sim. Also having proper pit crew animations would be much appreciated.

It saddens me to find out we may never get this in rF2. For a person who primarily drives Stock Cars I don't have many options.

DaREALMastaD what games are you referring to ?

9. elbo

elbo Registered

Clutch would also be nice one day....

10. Wiggin

Wiggin Registered

Wait you can't blow the transmission or destroy the clutch ? I don't have the gear to properly use a clutch so this would be more disappointing news.

11. Depco

Depco Registered

I would much rather have and realistic transmission and clutch system then body damage.

12. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I've been waiting for this from the beginning, and I was really quite disappointed that ISI does not see it as a priority. Rfactor 2 is a simulator that doesn't simulate a basic element of the car, with a major impact on the driving experience. If I knew it would be like this after all these years I wouldn't have wasted my money. It really made me sad when Tim was arguing against the importance of realistic gear/clutch, and again when he said recently that the staff member who was working on the new drivetrain simulation is busy with something else.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You do always run into the problem that failing to properly use the clutch in a real car will physically stop you shifting into gear - something nearly all shifters for consumer use won't let you simulate. Of course that is only one aspect, and having some others would be great, but ah well. I'll admit running an F1 series makes this nearly a non-issue (starts notwithstanding, though with recent rule changes that's less of an issue too).

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Reiza built it into rF1-based AMS. It's not perfect, but far better than nothing. No reason it couldn't be implemented in the same way in rF2. Or, we could wait 10 years until a more exacting system can be developed and programmed...and remain with nothing in the meantime.

15. elbo

elbo Registered

There was a neat little plugin for RF1 with the dubious name of 'grinding tranny' that did a nice job also, not perfect either but as you say better than nothing. Would be cool if someone was able to recode it for RF2.

I think we have hi-jacked the OP's thread so my apologies for this.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The grinding tranny mod was cool, but it very much stepped over the normal plugin boundaries because the plugin interface doesn't allow any actual controls to be modified. It may be possible in rF2 but would probably need to update with each build. I agree it's a shame this area (like many) hasn't gone anywhere since rF1.

17. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

This is what was last said regarding the transmission model.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think a pure racing simulation needs body deformations and (better) mechanical damage than what we have, I understand the reasons for some cars not having them (licensing agreements) but this is a moddable game so I am a bit disappointed that this area has never had a proper look at it. In the grand scheme of things it's not overly important though, we have many other features that take precedence although some could be argued to be of lower priority. But at the end of the day whether ISI like it or not damage is a fundamental part of car racing, no we shouldn't crash and bend our bumpers....but we do :)