Share your OSW Settings

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by cookie, May 12, 2016.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I don't realy get what you mean here cookie, could you explain it a bit different so i understand. I'm happy to explore and tell all about it [emoji5]

Edit: do you mean choose ionicube as option in granite? The place where i now have choosen simucube?

2. Markj

Markj Registered

Think it means in Granity can we set to Ioni rather than SimuCUBE,i've got it as an option along with 'Standard' so presume we can?

3. cookie

cookie Registered

Sorry for the vague question, yes I want to know if you can set it to Ioni rather than SimuCUBE in Granity. The reason being is when I,ve tried SimuCUBE mode with my Ioni it deadens the ffb around the center, I think it could be programed like that to stop the oscillation in iRacing.
    So before swapping out my Ioni to the SimuCUBE board I would like to know whether I can go back to my old settings.

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I'm off to bed now but will give it a try tomorrow and report, if that is okay with you.

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Sorry Cookie it took me a bit longer. Yes i can set it to ioni and run it. But in ioni i don't have filter options in granity which i do have when i set it to simucube. I couldn't feel much difference. Why you got a different feeling when you set your system to simucube could be your main or motherbord isn't simucube obviously but i'm just guessing here.

I hope this answered your question.

6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Because off Cookies question i started fiddling with settings again.

I now have got:
    TBW 3300
    Granity damping filter 1%
    Mmos overall filter 3 %
    Mmos max force 100%
    Mmos NO!!! User or desktop effects

Ingame:
    FFB multiplier most of the time ~0.5(mod dependant and user dependant)
    FFB filter 0

These settings are very much to my liking the little mige is not as harsh anymore feeling buttersmooth and the precision of steering is higher than i have ever had (don't mis no apexes anymore........if i've got the braking right hehe)

7. Markj

Markj Registered

Thanks for sharing Eddy, that's a high TBW setting does your motor start to make more noise with that? Mine sounds a bit like a fridge but gets louder the higher TBW. Going to do try changing settings on mine later, which cars have you tested with?

Sent from my Sony Z3 using Tapatalk

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Sorry Markj have been away.

Yup engine starts to make a little noise, that is why i set the mmos filter. With 3 overall in mmos the noise is totaly gone. But, and that is the problem with mige, the servos from mige difer a lot so you have to try what works best for you.

I tested these settings with apex gt3 (my favorite) and formula isi. Tracks i used where modern spa, bugatti and hockenheim.

9. cookie

cookie Registered

Thanks for testing the IONI mode for me Eddy, I would hate to go backwards on what I've got now.

10. Eddy

Eddy Registered

You're welcome m8

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Please try my settings for MiGe as in below screenshots, it works with IONI Pro and IONI Pro HC, even if you have SimuCube or not. You just need to click advance settings under Tuning tab. Please set the TBW lower, to something 680HZ and lower, I was just testing different effects all the way to high TBW levels.

This is what I am using, still very good fidelity, but zero oscillation. It totally removes oscillation under all conditions, and you can even play with the numbers a bit to fine tune to your liking - these settings are ok for both small and large MiGe, I am using little different for Lenze setup, so can also make a screendump of those if someone needs.

Also note, the settings are effective immediately when you hit apply settings, no need to restart the drive. Just remember to save to drive non-volatile memory before you shut down, as a precaution, so you are sure new settings are saved and active next boot.

edit: as an added advice, please leave the Oscillation setting in iRacing GUI disabled/unticked when using my settings below!!

https://postimg.org/image/mgd5l1fy9/

and in MMoS panel:

https://postimg.org/image/opq0v72k1/

i asked Beano if it was okay to post this here and it was.

I didn't like it for our sim but my settings now are

[TED] Damping effect 1%
    [TEF] Friction effect 0%
    [TEI] Inertia effect 0%

The [NFF],[NFA] and [NFQ] i've set like Beano said and tbh i like these settings.

Hope this will help somebody to adjust his DD servo wheel. Again thank you Beano!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
  12. cookie

cookie Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
  13. cookie

cookie Registered

something new to me I found on the iRacing forums.
    You should set MUL/DIV (50%/50%) to a value that result to 100% if not you won't get the full range that the Motor can deliver, playing with these filters will introduce a lag in response behaviour.

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Registered

Is there difference using 100/100 (default) vs 50/50?

15. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

theoretically speaking, if i have a servo (lenze mcs12) would i be able or possible to have control box built or purchase hardware/ parts to build something based on simucube? (thx guys for your help! great OSw community!!! )

16. Led566

Led566 Registered

Definitely.
    It is what I did to build my OSW (with IONIcube) last year.
    Now with simucube it is far easier.
    https://granitedevices.com/wiki/About_SimuCUBE
    Correct setup parameters for your motor could be found elsewhere on the internet.
    Check also: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24986-Project-BruteForce2-IONI-based-DIY-DD-FFB-Wheel
    With simucube it's easier because you don't need the Discovery card anymore.

17. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

thank you Led566, appreciate the info. and the thought I am playing with now, is to go with simucube but use my existing Lenze MCS12 29Nm servo.

18. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

19. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

20. cookie

cookie Registered

Hi mate I really don't know anything about the Argon drive, but your HV bus voltage should be higher than 6.2vdc more like 48vdc, if it's too low it won't initialize.