Share your OSW Settings

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by cookie, May 12, 2016.

1. cookie

cookie Registered

I've seen several posts about OSW settings so I figured it would be good to have a thread where all OSW users can post their settings to help other out. So if you have been using your OSW for a while and have it dialed in please share your settings. I attached pics of my Default set which I use with my 330mm rim.

Hardware:

HRS servo similar to the Small MiGe with Ioni drive 500 watt AnTek psu.

Click images for full size

View attachment 19954 View attachment 19955 View attachment 19956 View attachment 19957 View attachment 19958 View attachment 19959

Edit: You should set MUL/DIV (50%/50%) to a value that result to 100% if not you won't get the full range that the Motor can deliver, playing with these filters will introduce a lag in response behaviour.

controller.json:

"Steering effects strength":-10000,
    "Rumble strip pull factor":-1.5
    "Steering resistance type":0,
    "Steering torque capability":18,
    "Steering torque filter":3,
    "Steering torque minimum":0,
    "Steering torque per-vehicle mult":0.83,
    "Steering torque sensitivity":1,

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
    lynx75 likes this.
  2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Great stuff!

Do you keep different presets for openwheelers/gt/road cars in terms of strengths and steering lock?

I hope the guys who work on the drivers can have rF2/any sim of your choice control steering lock in the future :)

3. cookie

cookie Registered

I make different Mmos profiles for most cars mainly to get the right steering lock

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Okay cool that is fine for now :)

5. Gavin Newcombe

Gavin Newcombe Registered

cookie built my osw and I have now used his settings and its so much better. The wheel was already awesome and now better awesome. LOL

6. Markj

Markj Registered

Thanks for all the advice and pointing me in the right direction, copied your settings and much better, wow this thing has some power... Anyway how do you deal with steering lock, i can't get the flat 6 (for example) to match on screen wheel rotation to OSW wheel?

edit: Think i figured out what you meant above, set both MMOS and vehicle set to the same rotation :)

7. cookie

cookie Registered

Great your up and running there a few settings that you should play with to suit your personal taste, one is TBW (torque bandwidth)you can go as high as 3300Hz and low as 150Hz the other is in game Steering torque filter, I prefer a more rounder FFB but others prefer harsher FFB. Another thing worth doing is a auto tune in machine tab (measure resistance & induction).

8. Markj

Markj Registered

Great I've done the auto tune now :) finding it so different after a G25 the strength is insane, how people drive this let along bigger servos anywhere near full is beyond me. I'm running your settings in Granity and 60% force in MMOS but for the Apex GT mod i'm at 0.5 vehicle specific, is that ok or should i be dropping force in MMOS more?

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Please take into consideration that you now have the luxury of dialing in greater forces than the actual cars do. More power isn't always the most realistic option.

I'm hoping to receive a small mige next week myself, can't freaking wait to hook it up once the electronics are done :)

10. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Markj i think it's better to set 100% in mmos and tone down to your likings the ffb multiplier in game. You will feel the lower forces way better. I'm running apex cars at 0.4 to 0.5 ingame

sman likes this.
  11. Markj

Markj Registered

Thanks will give that a go, not sure MMOS @ 100% even with 0.4 i'll last too long :) got a 144min race next weekend.... I'll get fitter that's for sure. Just ordered paddle shifters but till they arrive using g25 shifter so one handed on gear change you really feel it.

12. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I know :) but you can go even lower. Like i said adjust till it's okay with you. There is no right or wrong ;)

13. cookie

cookie Registered

You can go lower with the amps in Granity, try 8 amps and keep Mmos at 100%.

14. Markj

Markj Registered

Do you need to change the 'Steering torque capability' in the controller settings file if i turn down amps? Presume it won't hit the 18 that is in there at the moment with amps turned down?
    Tried lower vehicle multiplier and the up to 100% in MMOS and does seem to feel a little more detailed, possibly a tiny bit grainy at high forces, is that just a need for more ingame filtering or in the servo itself?

@wgeuze - not sure what wheel you have now but you're going to love this, it brings out the 'just one more lap' syndrome. Have you gone for the SimuCUBE or a kit from somewhere?

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Markj i have set the overall filter in mmos at 6 to get rid of grainy feeling.
    I only tell you how i have done the last 2 weeks, Cookie is much more knowledgeable tho

16. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I have found that high tbw + lots of filter from mmos feels better to me than lower tbw + less filter.
    I'm running with 1500 hz tbw and 15 overall filter at the moment and it feels very good.

I think that it gives better ffb quality to soften the ffb with the filter instead of using low tbw values.

I'm using Argon + Lenze MCS12H15-

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks Korva, i've tried it (was running tbw 470) and i also find this very good more precise. I've got filter in mmos set to 6

Using Simucube/ioni pro hc with small mige

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hey guys bit ot here but can i upgrade my w7 64 to w10? I mean should i expect problems with mmos, granity or my osw by doing so? Thnx for your answers

19. cookie

cookie Registered

I upgraded to win10 a few weeks ago and no problem, all works fine mMos and granity.
    Eddy could you tell me whether you can run the Simucube in IONICUBE(4axis/CNC) mode which is the old ioni setting

20. Markj

Markj Registered

I upgraded to w10 from 7 before getting Simucube but had no issues. I have read about a few people needing a manual install of the driver but mine worked fine.

Sent from my Sony Z3 using Tapatalk