Which car in rf2 Hit the Apex like this.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fullsus, May 8, 2016.

1. fullsus

fullsus Registered

Skip2000 never teach to hit Apex like that!!
    I try BT20 but It's not for dirt and I think not suit to use with handbrake.

May be "rFactor Dirt Rx" in the near future :).

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

It's commonly reported and believed that cars beyond the slip peak are harder to recover in rF2 than in real life. True or not that'd likely take a seriously good or lucky driver. We've all had saves we're proud of or have turned to our advantage, I'm sure, but that is a beauty.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You'd want something 4WD at least :)

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

if you look at the corner exit he didnt gain almost any time at all... probably actually lost time by doing that. The point is the gain the positions, for which this move was genious (no matter if deliberate or not) the other cars had to slow down even more not to run into him so the convetional line is faster, but the first corner is about positions, so the faster entry slower exit is actually a good idea in this very specific case :)
    And obviously majority of rF2 cars wont be able to recover like this, not only for the reasons of powertrain but you need to realize that majority of rF2 cars are extreme circuit racers, their aerodynamics are not optimized for "sideways" and therefore this effect of loosing loads of grip by going sideways occurs and when you straighten the car out you suddenly re-gain huge amout of grip which results into this snapping into the other direction, thats what makes the cars so hard to drift, and you can see the same behaviour in real life too.. Rally cross cars wings are a bit differend, the dont loose so much downforce by simple yaw and that makes them lot more progressive and therefore controlable going sideways... than ofcours combine that with 4wd and you gotyourself a car that is actually easier to drift than to drive straight

EDIT: oh ye and to answer your question in the topics title - rF2 to my knowledge has no cars that would be comparable to those on the video, maybe some third party content i am not aware of, there was plenty of these in rF1

5. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

4wd palatov. Coming in corner part you can do with front wheel drive cars also.
    With URD Revolution PX1 audi (4wd) it was possible to do pretty crazy stuff too.

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered