AI Under Caution Needs Some BIG Attention

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Termite, May 6, 2016.

1. Termite

Termite Registered

Hello, AI under caution using Stockcars needs big attention. If you setup a server just like you would as if hosting as administrator and join, go to track run a lap or 2, go into pits get fuel and tires, while sitting in the pits or going down pit road, throw a yellow flag (/throwyellow). Now if you pull out and get across the end of pit road before the last car in the field you should be in front of that car, right? But no you’re at the end of the line and it tells you to stay behind the driver in front of you 1.0 laps. If you stop and wait for the driver to come around you will be two laps down. It happens every time for human drivers and AI drivers if you're a lap down.

And the AI doesn’t know where they are supposed to be, they are stopping and waiting for what I don’t know?

Sometimes it goes green on the backstretch because you have to wait on the AI to lineup, there not lined up because they don't know where to be, and then they take off leaving which puts you way behind the field.

Yes, I'm using the Stockcar Rules (Turned on in CustomPluginVariables) and Using the Stockcar ISI RFM.

While I'm at it, The Sim is Great, But the above and only one other thing we can find wrong is the AI cars are not fast enough in the turns, on straights they are fine, but turns if they are near another car that wiggles they brake so hard they lock the brakes, result you hit them, its like either they run 100% throttle or brake so hard they use ABS.

If these two things were fixed, MAN what a sim!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Termite

Thanks, Termite

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

ISI know of the issue and we were told it was fixed the 1080 build. Sadly, as you've discovered, the issue lingers on. Fingers crossed the next update will be traffic jam free :)

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I think the issue you're referring to is how quickly frozen field occurs after a lead lap car spins, this was improved.

You're throwing the yellow yourself from the pitlane? Are you getting an EOLL after coming out of the pits?

4. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

I'll see if I can upload one of the many replays that I have sometime soon. Anyone have any recommended hosting sites?

The issue comes after the field is sorted for the caution. Most often it happens with 1 to go. Cars playing catch-up to the field will be all messed up. Usually it will be one ot two cars that back up the field. They will be going so slow that the pace car will come around and pass them again prior to the green.

Sorry if I sound a smidge frustrated by making this comment, but it's so repeatable I Can't believe that it hasn't been identified during testing. It happens far moreoften than it doesn't.

5. Termite

Termite Registered

Yes I'm throwing yellow myself, you can if you're administrator by using /throwyellow, But it happens weather I throw or it comes out by an accident. i'm using this for testing, so others can see what i'm talking about. As far as the EOLL, Well being 2 laps down I would say yes you would be at EOLL. Is there a way for me to send you a replay?