Information regarding rFactor 2 Steam (FAQ)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ika

ika Registered

MaD_King thanks for response yes I red thes but isi says when updates coming up its go only for steam but many guys get updates in box version too anyway thank you for replay

2. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

One quick question
    I have 3 different installations of rFactor 2.
    If I migrate one of those rfactor2-non steam installation to steam version... Will I be able to run rFactor 2 in the remaining two non-steam versions?
    And "run rfactor2 in the remaining versions" mean the possibility to run them in offline and online
    Thanks and regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2016
  3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

3 licenses?

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Why have you need to have 3 installations? You can rollback to previous builds in rFactor 2 on steam.

5. Lockinvar

Lockinvar Registered

I do not like how steam are forcing games to stop releasing non steam versions, to use steam to distribute their game, this smacks of FRANCHISE MONOPOLY, why should gamers be forced to use steam if they do not want to.
    One game I tried to purchase was Fallout New Vegas, I purchased it on disc thinking I would not have to run steam to play it which is a single player game, so why should I have to run steam to play it.
    I shall be keeping non steam servers in operation for any who do not wish to transfer to steam.

6. Lockinvar

Lockinvar Registered

servers will be available @ w w w s i m r c i n g o n l i n e c o u k

7. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

I should have been more specific. 1 license but 3 installation. The reason is that I develope circuits and vehicles and I don't want to mesh the work in progress with a clean installation for playing

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

OK, with 1 license you can keep your non steam installations, but for offline only. Otherwise, it`s possible to have multiple steam installions, too...

9. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

Mmmm another question, quick one.
    If I have a non-steam license, can I buy another license (steam license) and maintain the two license independently?
    I'm asking because I'm wondering if having the same email address in non-steam and steam version would become a problem

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm guessing you'd probably need a different email address. But the question from above remains: why can't you do what you want with steam? You've been running 3 installs on non-steam, you can do the same with steam.

11. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

I'm not sure if I can have more than one installation in steam. Anyway, I like the possibility for developing vehicles and tracks, of having independent installation in an old way (I mean non-steam version). I would need the confirmation whether a new email address was required or not. I only want the steam version to play online. The non-steam versions allow me to tests different things with "lite" installations (11GB is required in steam)

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

13. stonec

stonec Registered

I'm pretty sure the non-Steam versions will continue to work offline "forever" in all scenarios. Although when new features (like fuel mixture in 1098) are introduced to rF2 you will not be able to test them on the offline builds, only Steam version will get new builds after 1098.

14. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Since I migrate to Steam version my UI fonts are screwed, the proper font is not being used anymore (which I believe be Humnst777 Cn BT - not 100% sure). Is it normal?

15. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

It would be helpful if anyone of the ISI staff could confirm the possibility of having two license (1 steam license and 1 non-steam) in the same PC, with the same email address, and having two or more different installations.

16. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

the best advice has been given to you a few times already... run multiple installs from the 1 steam account...you cant develop correctly using non steam old versions that don't have all the latest features

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

If you need a proper reply from ISI, you should send an email to the support acc...

18. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you post a screenshot so we can see what it looks like? Thanks :)

19. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

If you migrate to Steam with your non-Steam license you will then only have online access through your Steam install.

The email address doesn't matter for your Steam install or whether it's same as your non-Steam account, this is something Valve takes care of, we (ISI) won't even know what email address you use on Steam.

Does that answer your question?

20. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

Yes, I think that answers my question There is an open point though. A friend if mine told me that perhaps not only the same email can cause a problem but also the key entry in the registry of windows (regedit). So before I buy a new license in steam (I am still interested in having two licenses), I would like to know If I can maintain and have different installations with different licenses in the same PC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.