Information regarding rFactor 2 Steam (FAQ)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Thank you !
    So I'll have to wait about 15 hours and my bud around... 30 hours (using this tool). That's what I call devilish in case you wonder :rolleyes:

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Now we are talking! :)
    Now look "because we wanted to have a rich "out of the box" experience for new customers" hmm... you gotta be more consistent on that then. Start by eliminating the need to go to the player file when some settings could just be in the game menu (that is not as good as it should be let's be honest).

3. Georg

Georg Registered

wow, such costumer unfriendly, one sided terms of use are probably only allowed in good old USA :D
    Well, I would do it the same way if it was allowed. provide any possible case.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You would probably hate the latest games then... GTA V weighing 60 gb!! Fallout 4 25 gb!!

Things move on... with every generation, more disk space is needed.

5. SRGP

SRGP Registered

It is about bandwidth there ; that has not moved on for decades where I live... (and no it can not be let downloading during the night).

But maybe I have not understood one thing : does Steam need to re-download the .RFCMP I already have or can I just put them in a folder where Steam will find and install them without downloading ?

6. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

So after migrating but before allowing the install to start (otherwise it will install it all), I have to go to this page, click on each ISI workshop item in turn, and un-subscribe from the content I don't want?

Is that correct because that doesn't sound like fun.

Having not used Workshop before, is there any easy way to see what I'm subscribed to?

7. TJones

TJones Registered

Is it still possible to download development builds throu Steam, like a few month ago?
    If so, where to send feedback?

8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

It's even easier, just right click on rfactor2 for properties, then select the "beta" you want, and viola!

9. JUANCHIOOO

JUANCHIOOO Banned

I buy rFactor 2 and was not steam ...... we can not force use steam, you can take legal action.........................regrettable, it is incomprehensible that force us to use steam

10. stonec

stonec Registered

You are not forced to use Steam lol. Use current build for as long as you wish, it will work perfectly fine, you just won't receive any further updates.

11. redapg

redapg Registered

I would like to know where this Information is coming from.

If that would be true ,it would be the most worse move of a Gamesoftware Developer, from whom i own a Game, i've ever seen.

12. stonec

stonec Registered

It comes from reading the first post. Reiza did exactly the same Steam move with GSCE/Automobilista 5 months ago.

13. redapg

redapg Registered

Thanks for the Info stonec.
    I didn't read it, because i'm normally not interested in any Steam-titled threads.

Now i have to wait for the Information how to get my money back, because one thing is fact: If i had known that rF2 will completely be moved to Steam, i never had bought it!!

Sorry that i have to say it but that's no good behaviour!

14. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Ahem.... How long have you owned RF2?

15. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Then stick to build 1084 :)

16. Tripp

Tripp Registered

Ok bad news from isi i see so further updates can not be done if im understand ISI right only if i use steam?
    Well so long that isi have worked on rf2 and many people by rf2 to have livesupport and now say this tsss.. weel RF2 still is not 100% a complete game and further updates we must use go true Steam that is ,,,,.
    Steam take over all games soon and that system sucks i not like it and i think many users not like steam either.
    i not wanna use rf2 no more and to isi i can say about pay back the money i not care isi can have i i have not start rf2 in 12 months becuse it still feels like a beta version off a game that was so hyped when rf2 get official.
    think one more time isi about this steam thing i now rf1 still works without steam and with steam let RF2 works like that and not take away too people that have pay rf2 that all must convert it to use with steam.
    RF2 is at is it much different and spread out in different folders then like rf1 is in ONE single folder where all files lay in. Stop messing around with users that have pay for the game RF2 now it is up to isi headquarter how to decide what to do with the game in the future remmber that isi when you say lifetime support and online

17. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Couldn't agree more with your words.

Steam is the biggest mistake you've made ISI

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Mark,

The QA back then said wind down sales, not stop updating.

If you read my first reply you see that I actually tried three different titles on Steam, at different times, and had three separate issues blocking me from enjoying the game.

The large unecessary workshop download is a perfect example of such an issue. I mostly run mod cars and tracks, so all that huge download is wasted time. A perfect example how the overbearing automation and drm control aspect of Steam gets in the way of actually enjoying a game. See also: srlf-reactivating automatic updates, no permanent offline mode, waiting for steam client updates, steam downtime, steam data leaks/hacks.

It is a software that just loves to get in the way, datamining customers while taking away control over my gaming experience and forcing barely legal ToS. I tried it, that is firsthand experience.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

emmm... it makes no sense to stop selling and keep spending time and money to maintain the non Steam version

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences, I on the other hand have not, this move may suck for some people but others are happy, can't please everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.