[REL] Pays de La Loire (FRA) - The Bugatti Circuit - v1.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ECAR_Tracks, May 1, 2016.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Thanks for creating this fine track and the excellent communication regarding the subsequent swift updates!

2. oldman

oldman Registered

VERY nice track. Thank you very much.

3. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Hello ECAR :) i'm glad to help out!! Yeah.. do that please... smooth a bit the straight finish line... right after the finish line.. the bumps starts almost until we start to turn to the right for the first fast turn, then... after the first chicane you have the left turn... down hill... and then the next trun to the right... that one is also very bumpy... it has to be really smooth that one... you can see from the video that i send you it really is mutch smoother ;) and remember that for the full layout of the track! ;) the track doesn't have any big bumps ;)

Apart from that issues.. i think the track is perfect!! Great work!! :D thank you very much for the hours and hours of work you put into this !!! It is awsome for the RF2 comunity!! :D

when can we expect the full version of the track!! The Le Mans full 24h?! :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2016
  4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

5. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

2015 to date. Few years ago they changed the geometry of few curves in permanent circuit, those modifications are covered by my 3D version. To have a better look in Bugatti layout you may search for MotoGP Le Mans, is exactly the same course. This weekend (6-7-8 May) the France GP of MotoGP will taking place.

6. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Just watched the kart video (which is insanely crazy, very nice) in the Bugatti circuit. I'm revising some 3D bumps.

In concern to full 24H layout, I'm modelling but I don't intend to disturb Ethone's work (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/16872-Virtua_LM-Le-Mans-1991-1996-(v1-00-released)) who was updating the 1991-1996 Le Mans version.

Since there's plenty work to do until get my 24h layout working, I'm expecting for some information from VirtuaLM / Ethone on this subject.

Regardless, someone can confirm if AI cars are either turning their headlights during night or don't?

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016
  7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Cheers :)

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Does anyone tried this track with AI and by night? I get the problem, that the AI`s dont use headlights. With other tracks i dont have this problem.

9. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Check if this line is set in the GDB?
    Code:
      HeadlightsRequired = true 	// whether headlights are required at night

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yep, it is.

11. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I found out this other line in GDB:

NightLightThreshold=0.0

I changed to values > 0.0 and the AI cars now are turning the lights. The value controls the AI drivers tolerance to the dark-night, 1.0 = they use headlights very soon in afternoon and 0.0 = they have night-vision and never turn it on.

Thanks for the feedback, it's going to be fixed in v0.96.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks for looking into this issue!

13. Vevex

Vevex Registered

I enjoy to use this track, very accuracy moddeling :cool:

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

14. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

Hi ECAR_Tracks,

Thank you very much for your Fantastic and professional quality work.
    I can not imagine the level of the V1.0 !

After this one, do you have other track in the pipe ?

Regards.

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Want to thank you for this beautiful track! It is absolutly top notch work. Version 0.95 was a huge step forward in terms of bugs eliminating. The driving experience on this track is now on the same level with my favorite tracks.
    Again incredible good work [emoji41].
    I followed your project from the beginning and want say kudos .
    You can be really proud at this piece of art [emoji4]

16. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Thanks Vevex, Alpha-Bravo, glad you guys liked it. Alpha's words are very encouraging.

ApainPlost, I'm modelling the full 24 heures circuit but it will take some time. The release will depend on the other guys / teams job on theirs Le Mans full course work. If they don't release it, I will, although I can promise any time line.

I'm thinking about to create a proper Interlagos version for some reasons:

• I live in São Paulo, Brazil and not much far of Interlagos Circuit. I get there one time per week to race karts, which is located by the main race circuit.
    • As being there llot of times, I can gather the details of circuit easily through pictures and direct observation.
    • The current rF2 Interlagos version is from GSC which is the same 3D model that had been used since Microprose GP4 (believe or not!), and there are several topo elevation errors. Laranjinha curve is particularly wrong, but there's other spots that need attention.
    • The track has been changing a lot in last years due new FIA requirements to F1 GP, so the tarmac, kerbs and walls are very different now. The boxes entrance was completely redesigned.

For now I'm working to get LMB 1.0 as soon as possible, today I've installed the refuel equipment in pit-lane. I got some Nuno Lourenço help regarding on textures via MP and very good site pictures by Yoss.

[​IMG]

OT: I can't see images in this board anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  17. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Not sure how feasible this may be or if it is possible, but I am wondering if you can get permission from Yetisaj and merge his track with yours?

http://yetisaj.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2015-01-16T18:53:00Z&max-results=20

IMO it is the best version of LM that I have driven on. I'm not sure how much progress he has done as the last post was Oct 2015 (AC conversion) and the original beta release was June 2014. It might save you some time or at least give you a base to work with :)

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Great idea from Chris re: LM. And please think about the famous kart track at Interlagos as well! We are all jealous that you get to go there so often :)

19. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

Thanks for your answer ECAR_Tracks.

Years ago .. rFactor2 lost a talented modder named Feels3 .. and ... we find another talented guy who work with passion, détails and sense of immersion.

Great looking track, a must have.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  20. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered