rFactor 2 Build 1084 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 28, 2016.

1. guod

guod Registered

Using ESET?

ESET Knowledgebase
    http://support.eset.com/kb2132/?locale=en_US

"Data Transfer Timeout" is due to "Protocol Filtering" in some antivirus packages with personal firewalls.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Because I want to know what is being downloaded, it's the first time I've signed up to Steam Workshop and I don't want random files being grabbed without reason. Once I know then it's all fine, I'll get used to it, but 300mb here and 300mb there....before you know it you need another ssd :p

Anyway not a major problem, just like to know exactly what is happening with this stuff :)

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

That doesn't change the fact that it was re-downloaded/added to ISI's workshop. BUT it has nothing to do with 1084, so let's move on...

4. stonec

stonec Registered

New rain spray is great improvement, this is the first build where my brain doesn't think of the spray as smoke puffs coming out of the rear of the car.

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I was about to make rant again... Because on initial release I got nothing but problems regarding joining our server... The game just hung in the in-game serverlist with a race button that would just make the rFmod redownload and hang again.

But today it seems better... The in-launcher serverlist still is very troublesome... If components are missing it takes forever to download them (we use dropbox).
    [​IMG] it took literally 10 mins to get this "far". and that component is 200 mb and it takes no time to download through the steam serverlist+in-game get missing components feature.
    But if you join through the Steam serverlist they download at a normal, rapid pace.

I think I can live with this so far... Only took a short month to be able to join our server as per usual and pre-1080 rates...

Screengrabs of previous trouble (two days ago)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Bjørn,I tested your server and it is working fine from Steam matchmaker but it is slow from rF2 launcher as you say and it hangs.

7. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I wish this setting was still available: "Skip updates":3,
    With my OSW wheel(Argon, mige) high frequency ffb seems to be a problem.
    Now with full update rate I need to use lot of of filter to make ffb feel smooth enough.
    Before I used skip updates at 3 and zero filtering and the end result was better.
    This problem kind of led me to spend another 1,3 k€ for better motor, so i hope it solves it, especially if that skip updates settings never comes back.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2016
  8. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Congratulations ISI on the rain spray it is finally at a believable level. Represented in a very lifelike manner I will now be more than happy to race in the rain.

9. argo0

argo0 Registered

Yeah, the spray is a massive improvement. I just had a look at a wet race at Sebring with the Camaros. Four things bothered me - spray in the cockpit, no windscreen effects, some car parts showing through the spray, no wipers.
    Hopefully ISI sort these issues quickly. I've been longing to use rain in this sim for years now but I fear I'm in for another long wait before this hard working, talented but small team address the final few rain issues. Good luck ISI.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

10. Alvaro Torres

Alvaro Torres Registered

Thanks a lot mate. I could fix it :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
  11. Jego

Jego Registered

I am still getting the Package not Available Error. Even tho I have the files needed installed.

12. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I think servers which gives "Package not Available" massage are not setup proper. Try ~IsR~ servers they seem to work fine.
    http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php

13. Jego

Jego Registered

Thanks. I thought the update fixed the server side problem as well.

14. argo0

argo0 Registered

Forgot to say, ISI, thanks a lot for the AI strength by car/track gizmo that made it into the last build or two. Great help to me, allows me to spend more time racing and less time loading and reloading tracks.

15. Pits

Pits Registered

If this helps anyone, I am still getting the can't join problems..but..and it's a good but

All members can now join the race server direct, I have two shortcuts running for me

Me to my own server (that I cant see in the launcher) runs like this, with no problems
    Target "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" +connect (my router ip number here):64297

To the other server at another place (all members use this shorcut now)
    Target "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" +connect (other internet IP number here):64297

As said this is a direct connect that takes you straight to the Select Car screen in game

This also works for non-steam version

It bypasses any error message that RF2 puts out to stop one joining from LAN and WAN

Thanks to Chris for doing most of this I just worked out it would also work for the static internet IP as well for a remote server

16. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

There is still a scenario where you will get this error, it's when a server does not have the .rfcmps in the server's default package folder, so in this case the client simply cannot access the content to download it. So it's not something we can fix, it's up to server admins to store any .rfcmps they want to offer as direct downloads in the default package folder of the server.

Also, only Steam client versions of rF2 can direct download .rfcmps from a server. The dedicated server itself, Steam or Non-Steam, doesn't matter, it's the client connecting that has to be Steam version or rF2.

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just a question about the AI`s. In previous build it was possible to use the player car, ai driven, pressing the mapped key for pit stop and the ai driven player car was going to pit. This function seems to be removed in B1084?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016
  18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hi Christopher, sorry if i misunderstand this but does this mean we (non steam users) are almost forced to go steam version otherwise it will be almost impossible to download missing components in the future? And thus almost impossible to go online?

Again sorry if i didn't understand well. But i wanna know if i have to go steam now, be it an extra copy or my non steam converted to steam.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Downloading from the game server itself will either impact the server performance or feed you the file quite slowly. That's not what most people hosting would like to happen, so this 'direct downloading' should really be a fallback option only. Assuming that's how most hosts see it, they'll have getmod set up correctly, and steam's 'advantage' here will make no difference.

20. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Well, if you want to take advantage of some Steam features, then you'll have to make the switch.