StockCarRules.dll explanation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carlos Carvalho, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Safety car period ordering, multiple wave throughs and the like. If the existing stock car plugin only is being adjusted it obviously won't affect a third party one, but if testing has uncovered problems with what the game itself is doing/outputting and the game and plugin are adjusted in conjunction then it would impact others.

2. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Glad to see you guys having a go at some of these anomalies , I wish I could be more help ..

I believe that race was Brookdale .. its happened randomly on Alabama as well as some of the modded tracks ... that's just it its random and certain circumstances create .. like when the player your supposed to follow pulls into the pits and you get the mesg "your ahead of the car ectt..' but when you cross the line it goes away .. I think something's up that sometimes stops that trigger working properly .. like if so n so = yada yada and the moon is full = you get a penalty ......

IDK ..

We have a season going right now and so far something strange has happened regarding yellow's & penalty's being handed out in all of them ..

This one takes First Prize so far ..>

Yesterday At Alabama http://www.race2play.com/schedule/event_story/21213

We had a guy, new driver ,rookie to NSCR rules and driving so we trying to help him bla bla ..ok (not knowing how the lucky dog works) so he was lucky dog on the first yellow ..we all saw the msg but he failed to take his lap when prompted, then with one to go he figured it out and tore out to get his lap and settled at the back of the field .. this resulted in 3 drivers getting drive a threw for being ahead of the car being the luckydog Ya hes at the back of the field like he should be but the other players were getting the msg for 2 full laps until he finally went ..... then the next yellow he again was lucky dog ( he was having a ruff go being new to this kind of racing /rules, oh and a language barrier to boot, and hes the only one not on team speak ! so it was set for disaster from the beginning ...lol but what happened next baffled us all lol this time he was ready when lucky dog was announced, he goes to take his lap and just kept going to take one more !! so he passed us all 2 times under that yellow heh .... we were all trying to figure out why the game did not recognize that he took 2 laps ..we thought for sure he would get a penalty when he crossed the line but nope .. we were all now a lap down to him .. lol he was so far out in front now that he took a 70 sec pit stop and still won by like 30 sec's was 3 laps down at one point and won the race ..

next time he will be on TS ..lol

but ya some weird stuff going on .. we have a race every week so is there something we can do to help ? we have replays available .. is there some program I can run and send data to you guys ?? all the r2p replays are on file ..

I also need to say that I've had race's with no issues at all with the prob mentioned in this thread .. something must be buried in the code some ware that certain situations bring up to the surface ..

Thanks !

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Ok thanks for your report :)

If you could please enable logging in CustomPluginVariables.JSON (location \rFactor 2\UserData\player)

Value set should be "Logging":1,

The file it generates will be in ...\rFactor 2\UserData\Log --> StockCarRulesPlugin000.txt

And yes replays and results files would also useful if you have them.

4. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Appreciate you guys looking into this and responding. We enjoy these stock cars very much, some of us only run this mod in particular.
    I was in that race as well and I run most of the stock car series races there and I also rarely if ever get any of these issues. As far as I can tell It seems to center around when the entire field doesn't pit under caution, when drivers are a lap down, or when drivers are in the pits and a caution comes out.

I'll enable logging as well for future races and provide any information you may need. I know your time is limited but I bet we can setup an off the charts event or 2 for you to join and try and reproduce some issues if you need. Feel free to use use as a test bed.

:)

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Ok I will set it up ! I see this but thers a comma ? should I remove the comma ? ;-0 >

"StockCarRules.dll":{
    " Enabled":1,
    "AdjustFrozenOrder":25,
    "AdjustUntilYellowFlagState":4,
    "AllowFrozenAdjustments":1,
    "Logging":1,
    "LuckyDogFreePass":1

our next race is next Saturday ..

if you follow the link in my post above you can see the results + post race reports and a tab to download replays ...

If I post up the vmod maybe you can have a look at our rfm to make sure were not messing something up ?

vmod and results XML attached ..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Sorry was a typo, leave the comma ;)

7. Carlos Carvalho

Carlos Carvalho Registered

We made a championship a few months ago and we discovered something curious that solved our problem.

Sometimes some drivers didn´t see the Safety Car and those drivers were the origin of every problem with order in yellow flags and with penalties.
    If one driver didn´t see the Safety Car in warmup, he had to exit the server and re-enter until he saw the Safety Car.

If everyone was correctly seing the SC at startup no one had problems during the race.

8. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Carlos, So your saying when we go to warm up after qualifying, check and see if you can see the pace car sitting on pitroad, If you cannot see it, leave and rejoin until you do?

If so I'll mention it the next race.

9. Carlos Carvalho

Yes, that is it.

We had lots of problems before noticing that.
    - Drivers having penalties due to overtaking during yellow flags
    - Bad field freeze
    - Penalties on restart
    - and others...

After we noticed that we had the last 4 or 5 races of the championship without a single problem.

Give it a try and let us know

10. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Thanks Carlos.

I've informed our leagues about it. I'll have to pay attention to this come next race.

Did you ever experiment by not having a warm up session at all? Does that make any difference?

11. Carlos Carvalho

It doesn´t matter what session it is.

If you can´t see the Safety Car it will happen in all sessions. I just told you that we do that in warmup because it is the last one before the race but you can do that in Practice1 that it will work.

For some unknown reason sometimes the safety car is hidden, and you can see in that rfactor bar that shows a ball for every car that for those that can´t see it the safety car is always stopped.

Maybe ISI can try to solve this problem. It happens with every SC i tried so it isn´t a problem with de chosen safety car.

12. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

I see, very interesting. I'll make sure to note it and keep and eye out for it. This is honestly something I've never paid attention too. Sometimes I never get in the car during warm up sessions.
    I'd be curious to see who doesn't see it.

Sometimes it seems like the same drivers are getting the bogus penalties but I can't say for sure because some races we have few cautions. The last few we've had quite a few so its really starting to show.

13. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Any news about the bogus penalties of the StockCarRules.dll .... Thanks for your hard work S397

14. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

15. Emery

Emery Registered