Safety Car Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FrtizRommel, Apr 23, 2016.

1. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

Hello All,

Is anybody else seeing odd AI behavior when the safety car is on its final lap before green? In two separate races the safety car has been deployed and everything is running well until the “1 lap to green” warning comes out. When the waring comes out several AI car just stop in the middle of the road. I think the AI is trying to adjust the order of the field (as in the field being in positional order 1,2,3,4,etc vs being 1,2,25,32,3,4,11,5,ect). The end result is some of the field follows the safety car around for the final lap while most of the AI just kinda crawl in a mass of cars. As soon as the green flag is waved its changed to yellow with a safety car again because there is a mass of cars which aren't really moving.

I did a quick search on the forum and I didn't see anything regarding this issue, so apologies in advance in case this is a duplicate thread.

2. Termite

Termite Registered

For me it's been an ongoing thing, this very same issue, we keep hoping they will fix it but waiting,waiting!!!!!!!! for an update. who knows maybe someday? it makes it very annoying to say the least.

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Which tracks are you having these issues on? And, how many caution laps are there?

4. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

Indy 500 track (by ISI) and thrid party track Pembrey. There was maybe 2 cation laps before the "1 lap to green" warning. I was running the NASCAR rule set if that makes a difference. Other tracks might do this as well but I have only recently turned the on rules (I generally run "black flag only" rules set). This happend several times on the Indy 500 track.

5. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

Has any progress been made on this issue?