why did steam get a new MM with filters and we didn't?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MystaMagoo, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

"best shifted"?

Take a look at some footcams. majority of drivers still heel/toe on downshifts. Risk of miss shift is just too high on downshifts in general, ESPECIALLY when high on brakes.
    The exeption are rally cars that have short gear ratios, and on gravel you really dont have to.

Lets take an example. Porsche 997 GT3, which is the car in the flat 6 mod everybody knows, which is a modern race car with a sequential dogbox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REcvGkYC1iI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3hrpkHoyrM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqOv2yteceA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLk6C_8JKsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noHq3CYy2Zk

Now YOU show me a foot cam of the Porche Cup car where the driver doesnt clutch on downshifts?

Or show yourself driving the porsche mod with proper technique just to show that you are not one of the sim drivers allways making the same claim just because you dont know how to drive with clutch...

sick and tired of hearing these "best shifted" claims from people who just want to keep it simple for themselves...

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016
  2. Miro

Miro Registered

3. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

^^nice find. 1st one i have seen on the 997 doing it without clutch. but i knew there are few who do it. wonderfull to see it anyways. looks easy but it isn't.

4. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

It is 997 with semiautomatic gearbox just like ISI corvette GT2. Porsche 997 GT3 dont have gearbox like that and is not driven like that at all. Fact still reminds there is no drive-train model and game allows to flat shift semiautomatic gearbox or not.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Keke Rosberg commented on this in his autobiography. He explained that some drivers would use the clutch all the time, some would only use it for downshifts or when nursing a gearbox, and some wouldn't use it all all.

It needs to be quite a complicated drivetrain model to take all these different shifting styles into account.

Anyway, this thread can be closed as ISI just announced that build after 1084 will be last non-Steam build.

6. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes to expect drive train modelling to simulate sequential gearshift mechanisms, electronic features as downshift protection. Gears/ gearbox/ clutch leading to failure if consistently misused or abused. Turbo modelling, boost / push-to-pass and energy recovery systems. Realistic TC and AB is bit unrealistic to expect. Perhaps simple drive train update to historic cars is what we get in the future.

7. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

WTH??????
    Where they announce this?

Last non steam build?
    So a refund for my now useless lifetime licence would be in order.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Why? Your rfactor 2 will STILL WORK.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

10. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

If I still will get updates,mods,tracks etc then I'm ok but I don't think I'm going to am I?

I paid for a 'lifetime' but they have just cut that short,I do not want steam.

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

What you bought is Lifetime access to online services, not lifetime updates to new builds, mods etc.

12. redapg

redapg Registered

But if only the Steam Version gets updated in Future, all People who don't (want to) use Steam, will be unable to join the Servers that run the Updated Versions, like it is now.
    And with that the Lifetime Licence is almost useless.

13. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We offer you lifetime on Steam if you want, or you can stay on the last Non-Steam build. You've made your point now in multiple threads, move on.

14. redapg

redapg Registered

What does "move on" mean in this Case (english is not my native Language)?

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

16. Christopher Elliott

Ah sorry, let me explain then :)

You've made your opinion clear now, the choices are there, no need to fill multiple threads saying you will not go on Steam, because doing this will just turn into a rant. And we don't allow ranting on this forum.

Hope that explains it better.

17. redapg

redapg Registered

OK, sounds a bit strange to me, because in this thread i only answered with an Argument and did not mention that i will not go to steam.
    And i didn't rant somewhere if i remember right.

But, your Forum--your Rules.

18. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Seems to me your getting a bit heavy handed with the steam censoring.
    Deleting threads posts that are a legitimate question because your labelling them 'divisive'.
    Of course it's going to be divisive,you've just bombed the 'community' by going to steam only after next update.

Now your stopping us discussing how this is going to affect us.....get over it.....move on....

Totally disrespectful to your patrons.

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

He's just moving all discussions to the same place... why people seem butt hurt about something that is not happening immediately and is not as if someone has died, is confusing to me!

20. Christopher Elliott

I'm not disrespectful to anyone, and I'm fully willing to help anyone with questions.

You've mostly just reiterated that you won't be going on Steam, so no idea how to help you really ;)