Why do the AI keep pitting for wet tyres even though it's dry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Apr 21, 2016.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I am using the FISI2012 cars and have tested and had this issue at multiple tracks. The race will start off with rain and all the cars will start on the wet tyres. The rain stops in seven laps and the track starts to dry up. The AI refuse to pit for dry tyres (or even inters!?), but when they do decide to pit they choose wet tyres. This is mind boggling. How come when it stops raining and the track drys up the AI do not pit for a dry tyre? :confused:

I have tested this with tyre wear on and off, but this is where it gets even more frustrating. With tyre wear on they will pit for wet tyres (again) every seven or so laps. When tyre wear is off they don't seem to pit at all. Can I get the AI to only change tyres when they need to change to a wet or dry compound?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2016
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

DonĀ“t know if this changed in new build, but it always was the case that AI does indeed change for dry
    but very late when the track is nearly completely dry (>90% or so).

3. stonec

stonec Registered

It's probably like that to avoid a situation in which AI changes to dry tires but the track is still wet enough to produce funny AI behavior (spins, collisions etc).

4. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

This this didn't get better with the latest build?

5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I'll be honest that I haven't got the new build yet because in previous cases I keep doing it wrong. Each time I have downloaded a new build I end up with multiple of the same files. So unless their is tutorial of how to successfully add on the new build I don't see the point - especially if it hasn't improved this problem.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Use the auto-upgrade feature that works perfectly the vast majority of the time. Unless you are experiencing some major problem, you don't need to do fresh installs.

That being said, the latest build seems to have a few issues that may get hot-fixed, so may want to hold off a bit.