Just bought Rfactor 2: i'm lost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BhZ, Apr 18, 2016.

1. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

Gonna get my remarks here also, for the original poster, i don't know about that th wheels at all, BUT ffb feel depends on LOTS of factors, like tires, suspension settings, track surface, of a car doesn't feel right to you, it's probably because you didn't experience anything like that :).

Brakes, you need to adjust, this is not a push to play game, everything needs to be adjusted based on what you need or feel, also brake power depends in the cars, some have big brakes some smaller, you need to adjust everything for everything almost.

For people complaining about g27 rattle on uneven roads or kerbs, i highly recommend going in a real car on a real track and get on the kerbs. You will be scared to **** haha. Use headphones if you don't wanna hear a totally normal sound in a totally normal situation.

As for mods, the stuff from isi is plenty to have lots and lots of races and fun. You don't actually need more mods, but if you feel like you get bored for some reason, just google rf2 mods.
    I also got a drift cars pack on steam workshop, high quality cars and ****, if you are into that.
    Play with settings, play with car setup, makes a huuuge difference. If you need any help you can contact me anytime

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

Completely normal. it's when you don't hear(feel) them, that gets you in trouble[emoji14]

3. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

Handling of the car, oversteer and ****, it's car based, not sim based.

4. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

Also most servers use private mods, or custom packs, hence the leagues and club races and stuff. Very good thing that there are no easily accessible public servers filles with idiots. Rf2 is for the serious racer not all console kids :) so google rf2 leagues, rd has them also, Race2play, xtreme rpm, and many more. So many cars and tracks out there it's ridiculous :)

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Megane is the very latest physics and FFB. It also ships with a VERY stiff set-up that will magnify road imperfections. If you read the thread of that car's release, many people had to turn the FFB down to prevent it from being too rough. If that's the only car that feels OK to you, then no wonder the others are all too limp or inadequate. But the rest of us have more balanced FFB, so there has to be a setting somewhere that you are overlooking.

6. BhZ

BhZ Registered

The magane felt 'alive'. I tried the renault 3.5 and the marussia and on very tight corner they start to oversteer but i don't feel that at all until i see that with my eyes.
    Also i know about league. I started recently on race2play in assetto corsa and i have to say that is amazing, but i don't think i'm ready here in rfactor 2. I don't know many tracks, i dont even find them online, i'm not sure i'm fast enough. How long did it take to you to believe that you were ready for leagues? Cause at the moment, as the title say, i'm lost :)

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Marussia and Fr3.5 need good sets to feel good for an inexperienced driver and even then will seem almost impossible. As for league racing you don't have to join to win ,instead join to learn , which you will rapidly in a good league.

8. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Don't expect to feel everything through FFB. You have to take all information you can get.
    There is a setting called "Exaggerate Yaw" which helps to see the oversteer better. You should also hear the tire scrub gets louder and more squeaky.
    This together with the information from FFB should give you enough clues to detect oversteer early.
    Give yourself some time getting used to it and never forget, have fun while spinning and crashing[emoji12]

9. BhZ

BhZ Registered

I could be dangerous for other drivers...or not? Anyways what kind of league should i look for? I mean, what cars are better or easier to get started? I believe i'm quite good driving but i have no experience with heat or endurance races. And talking about setups: it took me 600 hours on assetto corsa to understand the car setup and still i am far from perfect. Rfactor 2 seems even more complicated.
    Any advice speaking about leagues?

10. bwana

bwana Registered

Could try spending some time in Durges Rookies room to learn the craft as a starter. Tin tops are probably better to start league racing with.

11. BhZ

BhZ Registered

What are the tin tops?

12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

There is a nice BTCC-mod around which could suit you.
    I would suggest to go on ~ISR~ server (pretty much down in the list). There is a server with this BTCC-mod on.
    Getmod (mod-autodownload) should work there.
    There are people driving regulary and I guess they are helpful if you ask them something and you have a good chance there to meet someone.
    It´s an open server so noone will blame you if you spin/crash or touch someone.
    If you touch or spin someone out say "sorry I´m new to this" and everything is ok!
    What timezone you are?
    Maybe we can meet there....

13. BhZ

BhZ Registered

It should be cet or cet+1. I'm italian. ISR BTCC 1.7, is it that one? Anyways it would be great to meet someone to race with

14. bwana

bwana Registered

TinTops is slang for cars with roofs, open wheel cars are tough to race in when first league racing as contact with another car is usually fatal ;)

15. BhZ

BhZ Registered

Thanks for the explanation. Anyways as i said i'm quite good driving. What i don't know is how tires and brake works when heat comes in. I'm trying the btcc right now btw

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

16. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

17. BhZ

BhZ Registered

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I had this exact problem once when the dampening setting in my Fanatec/Windows control panel was malfunctioning. Test all dampening/damper related settings first. Try maximizing them all, test; minimizing them all, test. Then you might find the problem. The settings are in Windows and/or on the wheel itself. rF2 has no settings. FFB Multiplier at 1.0 (default) produces steering weights that are dramatically different depending on the presence of dampening. More importantly, proper dampening makes the difference between "ice racing" and being able to feel the back of the car before it's too late (at least for my hardware, it does).