rFactor2 Stockcar mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RonB2525, Apr 18, 2016.

1. RonB2525

RonB2525 Registered

I have been trying to run a Stockcar league since the Nascar season started. We are in our 18th season and we voted to switch from SCE to your present Stockcar mod because of all the ballyhoo that was read on your site. So everyone in the league bought this game. Well this game is anything but what was advertised. For us it has been a complete disaster, nothing but headaches, terrible scoring glitches at every track. So here we are with absolutely horrible results, plus the fact that we thought we would have all the tracks like we had in SCE but no. There are a few tracks that are OK but rest are garbage. Even the ones that are OK are still giving us fits with the scoring. This product is far from advertised and we are being forced to dump it and go back to SCE. Seems to me that not much effort is being put into the Stockcar mod. Maybe we will try again next year but not before some extensive testing.

Regards,
    Ron Blackwell
    Owner Admin
    Mens Senior Racing League
    www.msrl.us

2. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Can you elaborate on the scoring glitches? A short look into the bug reports doesn't show any known scoring bugs...
    If it is a Stock car specific thing, you may get directly in contact with ISI because there are currently working on the rules system.

3. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

It would be good if ISI could give us a player, RFM and a custom variables Json file's to suit the Stock Cars, half the problem we all have is there's no instruction on how to set everything up.......

4. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Here

You only have to take a look at the rf2 download page.
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Does ISI claim to have all the nascar tracks?

Anyway, I do believe there is a one or two week refund period that you can look into if you feel that you've been sold something different than advertised. :)

6. SRGP

SRGP Registered

It sure takes some time to understand how things work, but if I am slowly getting there anyone can, really :eek:
    The last update 1080 has actually cleaned most if not all of the issues our StockCar World Series encountered. So, yes, give more details on your problems and someone may have answers to share.

7. Andrew3408

Andrew3408 Registered

what he is talking about glitches is someone who is in the back of the field is shown in the lead or leading the race plus black flags and penalties to be served when we all are doing things we supposed to be doing in the races.. and this is even at some of the isi tracks too

8. stonec

stonec Registered

The track critic is a bit unjustified. rF2 doesn't simulate a full series, no ISI product does, it's up to the modders to build most tracks. There are I believe enough ovals in rF2 to run some kind of series now. Regarding bugs, have you taken a look at build 1080 changelog which was released last week? It might fix some of your issues. I'm not saying you are wrong and that rF2 is ready enough for oval league racing, I only have experience from road course leagues.

9. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

That is a Little unjust, as no one ever said all the tracks would be available at the time the Stock Cars were released. It takes time to make a quality track and quick conversion tracks end up having issues that can cause some of your problems. Most of the scoring issues have been solved with the release of 1080 but you never know what little glitches can pop up in league racing as there are so many different scenarios that can happen. Plus it is very hard to test for them.

The feedback is not very constructive either. If you want things to get better you need to document what has gone wrong and forward that on to ISI so it can be looked in to and fixed. I am in the same community and I have posted over there to post feedback and I rarely get anything sent to me so I can pass it on to ISI. Most of the things that were fixed in 1080 are from the nights I have run and gotten feedback on Team Speak or discussing with the admin.

I agree things are not perfect or the way we expect up to this point but they are headed in the right direction. If we try to help ISI with some in-depth constructive feedback it will continue to improve to the expectations we expect from them. I personally am excited that they have put in the effort to include stock car rules via a plugin that can be customized for leagues. Now, we have to help give them the feedback needed to make this a complete package.

The tracks will eventually come along. We just need more help to produce them at a faster rate than we currently can as 3PA track developers.

If you want to run the exact NASCAR schedule then I suggest running SCE for now, but I also suggest in participating in some of the rF2 nights to learn, Test, and give feedback for the future of the Stock Car package.

Cheers!

10. RG6871

RG6871 Registered

Exactly! is there any place we can volunteer to help with the progress on future 3PA tracks?

11. RonB2525

RonB2525 Registered

Mike, The demon is in the on track scoring. Then it gets worst under yellow with constant BF's. Caution laps are not consistent even though we have them set at 3. Sometimes it goes green after 4 and sometimes it goes green 2 or even 1 which happened several times last week trapping lap cars in the pits. Then I would have to throw a yellow and try to fix the scoring as to where everyone is supposed to be. Myself and my guys are getting very frustrated. We can deal with missing tracks but not this scoring nonsense.
    Ron

12. Depco

Depco Registered

Ron, have you run a race wroth the new 1080 build?

13. RonB2525

RonB2525 Registered

Yes, last Sunday

14. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Just upload a vmod or at least your rfm and the car/track combo so we can take a look at it. Just saying something goes wrong doesnt help to find the issue.

15. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Ron that is an easy fix. You have to make you settings for minimal Caution Laps at least 3. This allows the scoring to sort everything out.
    Doug was having the same issues with Thursday nights until we did that.
    I agree there are still some issues that need ironed out but for the most part everything is working as it should and 1080 really fixed the glaring sorting guys properly under caution. It does need a thorough testing and feedback though.

RFM Settings

// Minimum laps during a full-course yellow; default = 2, possible values are 1 (?) and up ... remember that it
    // might be useful to override this one in some track GDBs.
    MinimumYellowLaps = 3

// Additional random yellow laps; default = 1, possible values are 0 and up.
    RandomYellowLaps = 0 //leave this at 0 if you want 3 caution laps all the time

Now a track GDB settings will override these settings. So if a track is messing up then it needs reported so it can be fixed.

Just remember it has to be a minimum of 3 laps for the Rules plugin to work its magic!!!!!

Cheers,
    Mike

16. stonec

stonec Registered

The rfm settings are a bit pain because they potentially get overwritten everytime you create a new rfmod for a new track. In rF1 based sims it wasn't like this because each carmod had designated rfm. rF2 system with rules plugin, rfm, gdb, player.JSON, all of which need adjusting, is quite confusing tbh. Probably all the correct settings already exist, but people just don't know how to adjust them unless the correct settings are enabled by default.

17. guod

guod Registered

Ron, as I have offered before, I will give you a server, set it up for you, and go through all the json settings. As Mike mentioned, the settings in the rfm call the shots. And stonec is right, getting it all set is the pain. I think we may be running more rF2 stockcar events right now than just about anyone else, and we're building a good knowledge base for stockcar on different sized tracks.

This Monday we will start a 4 week test race oval series with IndyCars, and address the Oval racing differences with those. A new dallara.rfm has been created and if it checks out okay, it will be sent to ISI. Series info in the events forum here if anyone would like to join.

18. SRGP

SRGP Registered

No one has reminded yet the StockCarRules.dll needs to be enabled (...\player\CustomPluginVariables.JSON file). I say it because that's what I had missed in the very first place :eek:

The problems described are very surprising, never encountered such heavy issues but if I had, I would have been more than disapointed too... The provided NSCRS15.RFM uses correct enough settings, so there should not be real need to dig into this for a start.
    Then maybe follow Wishmaster advice to upload the files used, so more experienced people can have a look ?

19. RonB2525

RonB2525 Registered

Mike here is our current vmod for you to check out...
    Thanks Ron

20. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I will take a look when I get home.