Fanatec latest offerings reliable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rogue22, Apr 17, 2016.

1. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Around 2011-12. I purchased a GT3 RS V2 wheel with Clubsport pedals. It took 3 wheels and 2 sets of pedals before I went back to Logitech. All the wheels quit working, and the pedals sensors continuously failed on the V1 and V2 pedals no matter how many times I had them replaced. After the warrenty period ran out, I gave up and went back to Logitech.

Has there durability changed at all since then?

2. bwana

bwana Registered

My CSV2 wheel and V2 pedals have been faultless for over 12 months of daily use. I have mates who have had various issues . Hopefully now more consistency in construction.. I did have to Loctite the screws on my formula rim as they worked loose from flatspotting tires.

3. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Nope, they didn't suddenly change who they were.

4. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Got my GT3 RS v2 in 2012 and its still running on a nearly daily use basis of a couple of hours. still happy with it but i would never upgrade on a csv or anything because i think you get almost the same performance with a t500 wheel which is cheaper and you also have the option for different rims. The worst thing for me with this company is that they dropped all their low budget wheels and i think with a couple of driver updates later they won't even support their older products.

5. borges

borges Registered

Bought my CSP + GT3 RS in 2011 September. Right out of the box the Wheel didn't work so they supplied a new power supply, worked for a month it stopped wrking. They sent me a whole new wheel. A year after the load cell took a vacation and after that the clutch. All issues solved in a week. Since then the wheel took a lot of beating and a lot of online racing + not that much cleaning. Removed the grills of the orange shell and has been working fine!

I just hope they develop a more low budget wheel because i also bought their shifter (without issues) and compatability may be a problem in the future!

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I had the Porsche Turbo S with the CSP V1 pedals ever since it came out. The wheel, besides every once in a while having to reinstall the firmware because it loses it, preformed well. I eventually did similar to what borges did, where I removed the top part as I had a fan rattle with it on.

The CSP V1 pedals on the other hand, was basically going through a load cell once every 8-12 months. It was more expensive to ship it than it was for the part itself. got costly over time. I was getting frustrated as the load cell would go out a month after the warranty expired.

Once I heard that the CSP V3 had a redesigned load cell, I decided to give Fanatec another shot. Since I was upgrading the pedals, I upgraded everything else. Clubsport base V2 with the CSL wheel as it was on sale together. Clubsport Shifter. The CSL wheel, is a bit cheap and plasticy compared to everything else, so I got the Formula Carbon rim. At this point 6 months in, everything feels great! Only issue I've had is that when I turn the wheel on, the pedals lose calibration. 100% physical throttle shows up as around 75% on the PC. The newer drivers make it a bit easier to adjust. Manual config, set min, set max, turn back on auto config, and I'm ready to go. It's a bit of a pain if I forget but being a PC gamer, there is always going to be a bit of odd stuff like that.