Horns sounding when entering pits on a converted tracks??

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Andrew3408, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Andrew3408

Andrew3408 Registered

Hi everyone.. got a few problems on a couple of converted tracks from rf1 to rf2
    1. a horn is sounded when entering the pits on both tracks.. just wanted to know why it is doing that?
    2 on one track the green will not come out on the formation lap. but if you skip it it does. now i moved the xpitin sector in on pitroad like another thread said he did to make it come out still doesn't work..

any ideas or help would be appericated thanks guys and gals

2. woochoo

woochoo Registered

PitLightIn.gmt mesh needs to be present to create the pit in horn sound, which originates from the centre point of that mesh.

If you want the light but not the sound, there might be a setting to turn it off, but I don't know. As a hacky solution, what you could do is copy one of the polygons from the light and move it away, but still have it as a part of the light mesh. The sound will still come from the centre of the mesh, but that centre will now be midway between the light and the extra polygon. It would be a matter of finding out how far that sound travels, and having the extra polygon double that distance away. I don't know how to know how far the sounds travels though, so you might want to experiment with moving the extra poly 50m/100m/150m away, until you can't hear the horn anymore.

If you don't want the horn or the pit in light, the track will still work just fine without them :)

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

1) pit horns are pretty standard in IRL racing, simply to warn people in the pitlane that a car is coming.

4. Andrew3408

Andrew3408 Registered

Thanks guys for the horn part.. now.. for the 2nd part if anyone knows why the green flag won't drop? i have run the aiw several times to get it to working.. also looked at the corridors see nothing wrong there.. tried several different things.. still doesn't work so any ideas would be great.

5. SJ_

SJ_ Registered

Check if the corridors from the pitlane and the race track are overlapping.