rFactor 2 Build 1080 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Are you running the dedi on the same PC you're using as client?

For all of the ISIO servers I use SteamCMD dedis, and they show in Steam and Non-Steam Matchmakers.

2. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

No I have dedicated server PC. but I can uninstall one ISI track and test if it is same issue with ISI content.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  3. Pits

Pits Registered

I managed to get it going with a router restart after all the "fixes"..so moved to the next race series..People are now getting a nag "Data Transfer Timeout"..well that's new I thought, not one thing it's the next.

Honestly

Any fixes for this ..I tried google and it bought me here..again..

https://www.google.co.nz/webhp?sour...=2&ie=UTF-8#q=rfactor 2 data transfer timeout

This is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXlHv1-YPxM

As the person who sorts out our servers I think I can say I have done nothing wrong

4. Christopher Elliott

"Data Transfer Timeout" is currently due to "Protocol Filtering".

Here is a link that helped others:

ESET Knowledgebase
    http://support.eset.com/kb2132/?locale=en_US

5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

SteamCMD works with Steam client. There was space in that third party track name and when you make URL it makes % as space in URL link :rolleyes: I done loads vmods and should know better sorry about that :(

6. stonec

stonec Registered

That would suggest your CPU is either simply too weak (couldn't find much information about that CPU model online) or that it somehow downclocks itself when you run all 4 cores. Single core performance is most important for games, rF2 only uses 2 threads anyway, so it seems when you run all 4 cores single core performance degrades for whatever the reason. Perhaps you have some drivers/software installed that downclocks it dynamically.

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

8. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Hi,

One of our league members has the following problem:

- He cannot join the server if we apply password to the server (Invalid Password). Other drivers can join without problems. A typing problem has been already disregarded.

- He can join the server if we remove the password from the server. Other drivers can join without problems (obvious)

We have tried:

SERVER SIDE:
    - Removing everything but vmod from packages folder.
    - Changing simulation and HTTP ports.

CLIENT SIDE:
    - Installing fresh lite build
    - Disabling antivirus
    - Disabling Firewall
    - Uninstalling all content and install it back over from web downloads. (Note that w/o password he can join the server)

We still need to check that it is a B1080 build by checking with B1052, but it seems to be build related considering similar problems reported by others. We will be able to confirm B1052 works fine tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2016
  9. Pits

Pits Registered

Chris you have tried very hard and thank you (must be a nightmare for you all atm), I and most don't use ESET in our little club just the free MS Security Essentials so no go there that I see

I think for now we have given it the best of British, we will use the old build and get back to happiness again till it's all sorted :)

10. redapg

redapg Registered

Thanks Guys, as mentioned before, i fear i will have to get some better Hardware. :D

11. Christopher Elliott

It's been mentioned that this issue could also affect, Windows Defender, AVG, and Avast. So users might want to check this same setting for those anti-virus programs as well.

12. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I am using AVG in my server PC and Windows Defender in my game PC, all works fine for me. :)

13. Christopher Elliott

Yes thanks, this doesn't happen to everyone running these anti-virus software. Only some users are affected.

14. mel1c

mel1c Registered

Is your member using the older style UI rather than the newer default UI?

15. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

He made a new fresh install to try to solve the problem. I would understand that he did not start fiddling around to change the default UI.

I updated previous post adding that disabling the antivirus didn't help either.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I just did some extensive testing with the new AI Learning mode:

Added another track learning method. How to use: turn off fuel, tire wear, & mech failures and enter a practice session with 1 ai. Once in monitor, select that ai and type "ai learn" in the chat back.....he'll then go take a bunch of laps & you can watch him try to get better at driving his line (which will show up in the replay window). When (if) you are satisfied that he's better following the line you can type "ai save" & he'll save that knowledge in the playerfile/settings directory for future use (or it can then be packed up in an appropriate car or track component and loaded automatically from there).

It works pretty well so far from what I've found, managed to make the Civics better at Toban Short, where I was racing them at 104% I've now lowered to 100% after I gave one of them 200 laps to learn with. They handle the first right hander/Turn 1 better, no longer down shifting to 4th midway through the turn so this makes them better and more of a challenge at this bit as I was always much faster. I reckon another 100 laps or so and they might get even better, I'll try that another time.
    I'll play around with it some more later but I can already see this being more convenient than the other two learning methods, need to test on a track with poor AIW next to see if it makes a marked difference or not.

Just one question in reference to this bit: or it can then be packed up in an appropriate car or track component and loaded automatically from there
    Which MAS file would it need to go in please? (for both Track & Car), thanks

17. Christopher Elliott

Either track or car should be fine.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I meant which specific MAS file for each :)
    i.e. for the Civic I have:
    Civic_BTCC.mas
    Civic_BTCC_MAIN.mas
    Civic_BTCC_PHYSICS.mas
    Civic_BTCC_TEAMS.mas

So which one of those? Thanks

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

So I'll ask the obvious question again...

Assuming MarcG now has an improved AIW after x hours of letting the Civics learn at one variation of one track, how do we distribute these to the world? It would take years of non-stop training to do every car and track variation, so it only makes sense that we each do a small amount and then share with each other.

Or is the entire AI system getting an overhaul soon that will render these files unnecessary?

If not, then surely there needs to be a central repository somewhere so that tracks can be subsequently and systematically updated with the new, improved information.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It took no more than 10minutes (did it in 2 different sessions so it'd be even quicker normally), using time acceleration helps.