rFactor 2 Build 1080 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 14, 2016.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, FFB is on a separate thread so it's not dependent on graphics in any way. Otherwise you would feel very funny things in FFB when you get a massive FPS drop in graphics.

My guess would be you have "auto detail FPS" setting enabled or some very low setting for "opponent detail".

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It seems the invalid password-issue has been resovled?
    Mr. Elliot?

Nope, false hope :)

Finally I tried to cut the rfcmp's from the packages folder of the server (non-steam)... Now I get the message: Package Not Available.

EDIT: That was probably because I had taken out the .rfmod, put it back in, and it's back to saying: Invalid Password.
    When is build 1082 due, this is getting old :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2016
  3. Pits

Pits Registered

Chris you said..
    --------------------------

**How to make a +connect shortcut:

Navigate to ..\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher

Make a desktop shortcut for Launch rFactor.exe

Right click the shortcut and put in the following in the Target field
    "C:[YOUR PATH]\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" +connect [YOUR SERVER'S IP ADDRESS:HTTP PORT (default is 64297)] +password [YOUR PASSWORD]
    Click that and it should open rF2 and take you straight to car select on your server.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That worked thank you, but it worked to well. It takes you right into the game, since I'm really lazy is there a shortcut that we can use that takes us all into the server like that..hey I can only ask :)

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Do you have this Effect?

I also have it (visit Thread) and i fear i need better hardware to get rid of it. I use a Radeon HD 5800 on Win 7 64 currently.

5. tpw

tpw Registered

@redapg, as per the release post, have you tried this:

Added a separate thread to issue FFB commands which is needed for some drivers that block. This functionality improves upon and therefore replaces the old Controller.JSON value "Skip updates", but can also be disabled by setting the new Controller.JSON value "Use thread" to false.

I had similar issue with jerky cars, this solved it.

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I dont know, if this was mentioned before and maybe its just me? When i go to the replay (loaded track) i can use the replay only once. Afterwards i cant play or winding untill i was back on the track again.

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

yes exactly
    i thought by enabling vsync can cure the s problem but it doesnt
    i did what "tpw" says at the controler.json to set "use thread" to false and the stuttering is over.
    thanks for the tip.

8. Pits

Pits Registered

With testing tonight, I can get in but others get the "package not available" I'd already removed packages as said (we were getting the incorrect password thingy up till then)

A direct shortcut for others to get into the server would be really really neat. <<--

Second week on this now so you can't say we aren't trying

But we always have 1052 to fall back on

9. redapg

redapg Registered

Thank you for that Hint, but i've already tried that and setting "Use thread" to "false" makes no Difference for me.
    As written in my "Bug"-thread, the only way for me (currently), to get rid of that behaviour, is to run rFactor2 with using only 1 Core.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

Press ctrl+c in-game and check that the purple bar is not maxed out, if it is you are out of CPU resources and the game "stalls". What kind of CPU are you running with?

11. guod

guod Registered

Hi Ricardo,

Located in the player.JSON file, the value range goes from 1.5 to 10.0. The current default in Build 1080 is a value of "3.01176". Now why that specific number, who knows. It used to be 1.5 ...something, but that was really too sensitive and lots of penalties would happen!

The higher the number the less sensitive it is to cars contacting each other offline or online.

This is only about running into other cars... in an effort to reduce running into other cars. :)

I don't think it is per track sensitive.

Like a lot of other rFactor 2 settings, there is no right or wrong, but more what the race host is trying to achieve.

Say for example you are running open wheel F1 or IndyCars, you probably want it a lower number because any contact is potentially more lethal.

Conversely, if you are running touring cars or StockCars where "rubbin'" is accepted, put to at a higher number. We run our StockCars at 10.

12. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Currently what happens when joining since 1080, the server looks to see if you have the content, if you don't it does two things:

1) It looks for a 'GET URL' in the rfcmp (this is specified by the content creators themselves when the rfcmp is created). If it finds a 'GET URL' it will to go to that URL (dropbox, mediafire etc) and remotely download the rfcmp. This is ideal because it doesn't use any of your server's bandwidth. (All ISI content has 'GET URLs')

2) If for some or all of the rfcmps there is no 'GET URL' specified, what it will now try is to download the rfcmp direct from your server's package folder as a second alternative. The only downside to this method is it takes server bandwidth. And this specific behavior is what is currently broken and causing issues - therefore the only workaround is then to remove all rfcmps from the server's package folder.

So "Package not available" is because your server is probably running rfmps with no 'GET URL'. If you put up all ISI content for example, (or all content you know has 'GET URLs'), you should all be able to join no problem.

I know it's not ideal, but until we have a fix out, the only way to get around "Package not available" and "Password Invalid" is to make sure your users have all rfcmps with no GET URL pre-installed before trying to join your server, and remove all rfcmps from your server's default package folder.

Side note: Make sure you leave the RaceEvent/rfmod(vmod) in the package folder of the server.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience, we hope to get a fix out soon.

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Could this maybe have some unwanted side effects on other tracks, too? I`m just asking, because i noticed some strange overtakes from ai, in turns outside, with unbelievable speed. It looks like as they`re driving on rails. Happened e.g. on Mid Ohio, with 98% strength.

14. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I have tested this in my dedicated server (non Steam) and with Steam and non Steam client. I confirm that this fix works in my dedicated server.
    Can you please make a thread Technical > Support > Hosting help and pin(Sticky) it.

Good job Elliott :)

15. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Yes I will do that, I wanted to make sure some of you could get this working first. Thanks for your feedback :)

16. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I have also SteamCMD installed (server PC). I am testing it later today and give feedback how it is working.

17. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, the purple bar maxes out if i use 4 Cores. If i use just 1 Core it's OK.
    I use an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor with 3,4 Ghz.

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe it`s AMD related? I tried this with my Intel and couldn`t see any differences...It was both around 35% CPU usage with Camaro, Toban, 20 AI.

19. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe it is.
    Can another AMD Processor User confirm it?

20. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

SteamCMD works with non Steam client but it don`t work with Steam client from Launcher. Steam client works only from Steam matchmaker.:(