rFactor 2 Build 1080 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 14, 2016.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the update ISI, auto-update worked flawlessly and everything is fine in game.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Not seeing any FPS drops. Are you testing in fullscreen mode? The wet look could be related to having road reflections ON, at least on some modded tracks that are not well made.

3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Thanks for the update and the wonderful game.
    I have a problem with this update and i need some help if anyone knows.
    after this update most of the cars are moving "Erratically" ....its like they try to move forward but something hold them back.
    it happened after i update from the previous version which i had no problem at all.....actually i never had that problem it seems weird.
    i cannot post a video to show you how erratic is the movement of the cars when i race with AI.
    MY gfx card is a ATI Randeon 5870 my cpu is intel E7300 dual core and memory is 8 Giga DDR2 @800.
    i never had this problem until now
    also its a bit difficult for me to update gfx drivers at the moment but i use the 15.11.1 ati crimson adtition
    operation system Win7 X64.
    i cannot really play with this update with other AI so i had to go back to previous update 1052.
    also the force feedback in this update is super good.
    anyone has some problem please tell me how to fix it.
    I also tried many previous catalyst drivers versions but no luck,......all the AI cars keep moving in a heratic way forward and backward instead of moving forward and smooth.

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

after this update most of the cars are moving "Erratically" ....its like they try to move forward but something hold them back.
    it happened after i update from the previous version which i had no problem at all.....actually i never had that problem it seems weird.
    i cannot post a video to show you how erratic is the movement of the cars when i race with AI.
    MY gfx card is a ATI Randeon 5870 my cpu is intel E7300 dual core and memory is 8 Giga DDR2 @800.
    also its a bit difficult for me to update gfx drivers at the moment but i use the 15.11.1 ati crimson adtition
    i cannot really play with this update with other AI so i had to go back to previous update 1052.
    I also tried many previous catalyst drivers versions but no luck,......all the AI cars keep moving in a heratic way forward and backward instead of moving forward and smooth.

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

6. Panigale

Panigale Banned

iRacing has a default of 84FPS and they know that will be played on native 60hz. For someone to say it is completely worthless is a rather stupid statement given the amount of discussion and tests done on this very subject.
    No one is arguing that a native 60hz display will show more frames than 60hz, it won't obviously, but the larger selection of frames with data points changes the feel of the sim. A native 120hz display would be ideal because it should be perfect but I don't know of any native 120hz LED projectors yet and with VR coming it won't matter. A common compromise to improve feel is to run more frames and a subset of those get displayed. Simple test for anyone to try, if you haven't go ahead and do so. Some people swear by it some don't. LFS runs at 100 FPS by default out of the box and while old, again it is butter smooth and I can't find a hint of tearing anywhere. Now why would iRacing and LFS and others have a default FPS at a rate higher than the ubiquitous 60hz display value? Just to provide a crap experience OOB or for no value whatsoever? No, there is real reasoning behind it so don't believe it just because an ISI staff says so.
    Personally I run rF2 at 96FPS locked, no vsync, set max frames to 95.5. Runs butter smooth, no tearing from cockpit. Only tearing is on a few large track side objects in some tracks in replay mode and again very minor. That all said a 60hz display given a locked 60FPS should work just fine (like a console experience) so something may be wrong with your setup. Trying using a display port if not already.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2016
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

8. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Yes, i heard about that sometime ago and tried 59 and vsync. I don't really remember what it was like, but i didn't stick with it so it probably wasn't too good. Maybe i try again some day.

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

10. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Yes, higher fps gives better feel because it reduces delay. With 60 fps, the picture shown is 16,7 ms old and with 120 fps it's 8,3 ms old. With 120 fps and 60 hz screen every other frame is shown.

Yes i use display port for my middle screen, if i remember right. I need to check that.
    I tried locking framerate to different rates, but higher rate had always less tearing and stuttering so i didn't lock it anywhere.
    In the end I don't really have a problem because i'am able to run the game with that 180 fps if i keep settings down.

11. tpw

tpw Registered

After the 1080 upgrade I also periodically (maybe 1 in 3 races) experienced severe lagging / stuttering, with cars constantly appearing to teleport to and fro several meters, even though the framerate remained at a constant 60.

I fixed it as per this line in the release post:

Added a separate thread to issue FFB commands which is needed for some drivers that block. This functionality improves upon and therefore replaces the old Controller.JSON value "Skip updates", but can also be disabled by setting the new Controller.JSON value "Use thread" to false.

In the dozens of races since making this change I've yet to experience a stutter.

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I simply can't drive some cars due the screwed FFB. Update to 1080 was the worst decision on my life aside to get married.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Now the FFB is screwed? How? Feels the same on my rig.

14. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Never mind, I'm performing a clean install, just uninstalled and going to install, let's see.

15. stonec

stonec Registered

Something I noticed is that there is no longer a "sim processor threshold" parameter in player.JSON since build 1080. So if you had tweaked that to enable multi-threaded physics, then that will probably not work anymore. Though I never had any benefit of it, in my league it only helped a couple of persons that had weak CPUs.

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Not well made is a bit vague, I'm using very similar parameters than ISI tracks and the textures are ok.

http://i.cubeupload.com/t4bX1r.jpg

This was not happening with 1052 build tough.

Edit : Yeap, full screen mode. I don't think turn road reflections off would be a good solution, it must be some reason for it because other tracks don't show this strange effect.

Edit 2: Ok, a full reinstall solved the issue out. I think the DevMode shaders and regular simulator shaders are not paired, same track different visual results.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2016
  17. Georg

Georg Registered

The thing is(at least I think):
    The Force Feedback is working at 400hz at rFactor2. So it is possible to give out 400 outputs per second. Every framerate below 400fps(theoretically) should increase delay of game graphics to force feedback.
    At least I only have the feeling of perfectly snychronized ffb with graphics when I run high framerates

18. ricardoferreira

ricardoferreira Registered

Hi guys,

can you have more info about:

Unsportsmanlike Sensitivity

19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

hi again..
    i manage to fix the stuttering problem by setting V-syng both at game options and Ati catalyst control panel
    i had to set them both because only at game settings i still have stuttering
    i also did a bios defaults reset just to be sure there is no problem there
    now the game works smooth as for the frame rate and NO stuttering at all.....but...but..when i race with AI i see that the cars that
    are 50 meters infront of me dont have wheels..i mean when these cars going far from me their wheels disapears and i see the rest of the cars.
    is it fixable or it happens because of the video-syng ? (enabled).

20. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

If i use high delay graphics settings (Vsync) and low delay ffb settings (no filtering, and high torgue bandwith <- osw thing)
    i can feel that ffb comes before things happens on screen. I tested that by driving to a wall.