rFactor 2 Build 1080 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 14, 2016.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

Launcher server browser now uses Steam interface more or less, so yes you have to open those Steam ports now. A lot of people probably don't realize this, especially if they have been using the in-game matchmaker only. If you could join through Steam server browser normally before build 1080, then build 1080 should work as well, but I doubt many people used the Steam server browser for anything.

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Opening ports is only for hosting, you should not have to open any ports as a client. If that's what you're referring to?

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'm getting invalid password message on many servers without a password, including the ISI open server 3

4. Christopher Elliott

Do you have all the content already installed?

5. Jego

Jego Registered

No I do not.
    However, I just retried and it is downloading now from the the official ISI server 1 & 2 , does not work for the others tho. (I guess its being worked on, thanks)

I tried googling for the exact file rFactor attempts to create in the Packages folder (i.e. ISI_RaceEvent_GT_Series-v104.rfmod)
    however I could not find those exact same files for download.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Uhm yes. MASSIVE problems, bigger than ever today. Not even steam serverlist works anymore. Great god-damn job!

[​IMG]
    That's it, it just hangs there. Good, you have the mod, why the fork don't you join then?! Seriously guys (ISI) what HAVE you done? And if you have done something what do I/we have to do to re-allign things?! Ports are opened, set to correct ipv4... Nothing has changed, apart from the damn build number of my favorite simulator. So frustrated!

EDIT:
    Oh and I've been able join that server through Steam serverlist and get components... And if I had the components I could join through the launcher. No more. WTF.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

@ISI:
    Facepalm!!

You really think that is normal and OK for every (and especially new) users????
    Get real!
    No wonder that rF2 is more or less ignored by sim-community that times!

8. Lefteris Axiotis

Lefteris Axiotis Registered

Same here guys. I have people on my league (non steam users) who cannot join our or ANY server at all. Some of them reached at the point of formating their pcs and re installing everything. Didnt work. You seriously need to take a look at this.

9. Pits

Pits Registered

My FunFactor has left me now.

I'm not saying it's not my fault, I just want to race and not do this anymore (a big cry lol) It used to work and I think I've done everything but that doesn't mean I havn't still got it right...here are my ports, please tell me if I've done something wrong

the 192.168.20.80 are directed to the server (including the steam ports and I may have that wrong) I'm getting old so I put that against me here....honestly it's been days now and I'm simply past it.
    All I want is to join and race with our club guys, nothing more (more tears and welling up )mom says I can race but she can't fix it either, she is 95 so can't hold that against her I suppose. As I said I run teamviewer if it's any help to fix it.

View attachment 19808

10. Christopher Elliott

Please try and keep your cool, the issue is being looked into.

11. stonec

stonec Registered

Perhaps Steam users should just be adviced to use the Steam serverlist for now, after all it shows the non-Steam servers as well post 1080. It seems the launcher browser carries at least 2 or 3 different bugs with it.

12. Christopher Elliott

Right now I think the main problem is servers that have the actual rfcmps in their servers package folder, this is creating an issue for some users when trying to join. But like I said it's being looked into :)

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

In some servers I do, in some others I don't have it. In ISI server case I already did as Steam auto subscribe with the workshop
    I joined one server fine, was running stock cars. But many others is either invalid password despite not having any set, or package not found

14. Pits

Pits Registered

Could you perhaps rename the old build to a later one then run it as an update, then you can work on this current build at your leisure, I am not being sarcastic I'm thinking of a fix for right now.

I keeping cool till after school as they say :)

Remember all this angst is because we really luv our RF2, it's a good thing.

15. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

You can revert to an older build. GPVWC and FSR have done it already due to the latest build not being adequate.

16. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

You're right, I had an old .rfmod that had the same name... Duly noted. No bueno. Shouldn't it be overwritten though? Maybe given the possibility to do so. Sorry for being a bit hot-headed. There's still something wrong, but that outburst was down to my own lack own knowledge of what I had in my packages folder already.

17. endonesia

endonesia Registered

I can see 308 servers on my steam client. Except one. My league's.

If I revert back to 1052 on the beta tab of properties in steam, everything is normal and fine, I can see my remotely dedicated server. If I set it back to 1080, I can see every single damn server but mine!! Arrgh, I have a race tomorrow I guess I'll be skipping. :(

18. Pits

Pits Registered

Thanks, you must work for them

I can now see my server with the steam 1052 version, just reinstall the server with that version and fingers X'd all may be ok.

I can hope but this is a good start and THANKS

19. Christopher Elliott

Have you tried using +connect?

20. Pits

Pits Registered

Honestly all I wanted was to race..this works "0RA stock server" running 1052, I can see it/join it/race on it. THANK YOU endonesia you are a bleeding Champion !! I hope you get a pay rise matey.

Never make something that worked not work to make it better