rFactor 2 Build 1080 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 14, 2016.

1. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I was only trying to help you out,it is easy to open few ports but if you don`t want to do that have fun with AI`s and wait for the new build.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Thanks but I have enough experience to deal with ports and I don't like when I have to do it. ISI needs to make rF2 more plug and play not less ;) I don't drive against the AI, no hurry anyway but a hotfix should have been done already.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

The extra rain spray is just to simulate the rain drops onto the wind screen :)

But you`re right, looks strange.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Bring back the spray from F1 Challenge 99-02 (video). Looks less like smoke, less blocky, spray intensity actually depends on speed more properly, etc :).

5. Comante

Comante Registered

I had very little time with the new build, but I like it. Looks like something changed under the hood. Feels better.

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Just tested the rainspray on ISI-open server.
    This thick spray would make sense, if it where speed-dependant. But it isn´t!
    It´s still the same no matter if you drive 50 or 200 kph. That´s just laughable!
    Really ISI: get your rainspray right! :rolleyes:

Like it is now it´s just an oddity; and yes, still looks too much as smoke does.

7. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Is there really no setting that we can use to make it less? It seems like quite an oversight to implement such a change as final without proper feedback first. And I won't believe you if you tell me it was beta tested beforehand, no person would say it's fit for use.

8. Jego

Jego Registered

Any fix or words regarding "package not available" or "invalid password" ?

Thanks

9. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Well I was not seeing it in settings/controls but now it's 're-appeared' so search is over :)

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have a problem where game goes to slideshow when I'm in control settings during a race weekend (tested multiplayer so far). Not sure if this has something to do with build 1080 or with the new drivers and firmware of T500RS. Anyway didn't have this problem earlier so it's either one. Anyone else with this problem?

Everything is normal in other menus and once I'm on track.

EDIT: Tested also offline and the problem exists there too, even outside race weekend control settings.

11. guod

guod Registered

From another one of our drivers who was getting the "invalid password" problem...

Using ESET and I had to exclude it from Protocol Filtering, here is a link with instructions Adjust Protocol filtering settings to prevent computer disruptions due to network traffic scanning (4.x)

ESET Knowledgebase
    http://support.eset.com/kb2132/?locale=en_US

So even if people are not using ESET, maybe their antivirus is doing the same thing?

12. guod

guod Registered

Yep. Check back earlier in this thread.

13. Pits

Pits Registered

I use windows 7 firewall and windows security essentials still no go, I've tried setting up this my PC as a server (set internal IP so I didn't have to re-do all the router ports, again )but no go, all I do is online driving, I look after our servers so I'm not to far behind the 8 ball on all this but it has me beat.
    About that the other server a few miles away gave up running RF2 a couple of months ago, we use it for AC and teamspeak host now so this is currently the only server we can use...but can't.

If a RF2 top man wants to look at it I have teamviewer running on it you can use.
    Next race is this/every Saturday night so I'd like to be able to do it.

14. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

View attachment 19801

Hello.
    I am administrator of a Brazilian league (http://altavelocidadevirtual.com.br) and after the upgrade in 1080, I get the error to go on my server. The server is not hosted on my machine. Soon after the update, I could enter. Today, I can not.
    Other users could enter both Steam and non-Steam. I have run the race and have no way to enter the server. This has never happened before, and the same server is running our championship to more than one year.

I would like an urgent solution, if one exists.

Thank you

EDIT:

This works for me. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  15. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I not sure if I understand you statement. Does this mean that if host and client "Adjust Protocol filtering settings to prevent computer disruptions due to network traffic scanning (4.x)" get missing component is working as it should?

16. Pits

Pits Registered

I feel sure it's port related, I've tried two routers now with no luck, I'm putting another server in at another place tonight to see if it works..I'm slightly determined.

I disabled my firewall, didn't work and didn't expect it to really.

Have ISI said there is a problem or is it my fault, I may have missed it in the posts.

17. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Can you not host at all or is it only get missing component which is not working for you?

18. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

For me it wasn't working after I updated the build, but adding 64298 and 64299 to the router port forwarding fixed it. Not sure why it isn't working for others. But I didn't have to fiddle with the firewall or anything else.

19. Pits

Pits Registered

"Can you not host at all or is it only get missing component which is not working for you?"

I can host and others can join fine, it's just me trying to connect on my local network (where the server is) that has stopped, I can't see the server now to even attempt to join, I have added the ports as mentioned, even the steam port, I have tried to see the server as a person said not using the launcher. I can't join any other server on the list as it gives the "bad password" message

The servers don't run Steam, I do

"For me it wasn't working after I updated the build, but adding 64298 and 64299 to the router port forwarding fixed it. Not sure why it isn't working for others. But I didn't have to fiddle with the firewall or anything else."

Yes I tried that (and much more) but no go, I may have done to much but I've put it all back to standard now (with the updated ports), still no go.
    This seems a bit tricky now as the obvious isn't working. still got 4 days to sort it, no problem :)

20. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Pits, I could not join my server with error "Data Transfer Timeout". I tried to DISABLE the firewall and anti-virus (in my PC and in Server), and not solved. Only solved when I used the tip of Guod on Protocol filtering, in my PC only.