rFactor 2 Build 1080 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 14, 2016.

1. endonesia

endonesia Registered

I cannot see my server in matchmaker from steam client.

All my friends are on my own remotely hosted dedicated server, and I can't even join or see it.

2. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

thats not good. didn't try with UseSubViewParams=0, because it is a very good feature. would be nice to get a statement from ISI if it ever will be fixed. so we can you UseSubViewParams=1 and have TV cameras zooming.....

3. TJones

TJones Registered

4. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

LOL! Indeed! I remember very good the complains about new Brianza looking dull and undersaturated now!
    Seems to be something wrong on your side.....maybe screen-setup?
    However, rF2 is NOT supposed to be used without HDR, fullstop. Maybe time for a new GFX-card?

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

The good old heat fx bug is back again? I`m not sure, but i would bet, i doesn`t changed it in the player file on build 1052...

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Okay. The launcher serverlist does not work.

But if you go to your Steam library, mark rF2 (don't start it) go to View up top of your Steam window, go to Servers and then join your server through there (it won't do it if your launcher is running!) then it will download the components for you like "old times" pre-build1080.

It won't tell you your password is invalid on your non-passworded server. Good djaaab :)

8. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Good job, it works as you state:)

Well done Bjørn.

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Thanks for the update and the wonderful game.
    I have a problem with this update and i need some help if anyone knows.
    after this update most of the cars are moving "Erratically" ....its like they try to move forward but something hold them back.
    it happened after i update from the previous version which i had no problem at all.....actually i never had that problem it seems weird.
    i cannot post a video to show you how erratic is the movement of the cars when i race with AI.
    MY gfx card is a ATI Randeon 5870 my cpu is intel E7300 dual core and memory is 8 Giga DDR2 @800.
    i never had this problem until now
    also its a bit difficult for me to update gfx drivers at the moment but i use the 15.11.1 ati crimson adtition
    operation system Win7 X64.
    i cannot really play with this update with other AI so i had to go back to previous update 1052.
    also the force feedback in this update is super good.
    anyone has some problem please tell me how to fix it.

10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Thanks for the update and the wonderful game.
    I have a problem with this update and i need some help if anyone knows.
    after this update most of the cars are moving "Erratically" ....its like they try to move forward but something hold them back.
    it happened after i update from the previous version which i had no problem at all.....actually i never had that problem it seems weird.
    i cannot post a video to show you how erratic is the movement of the cars when i race with AI.
    MY gfx card is a ATI Randeon 5870 my cpu is intel E7300 dual core and memory is 8 Giga DDR2 @800.
    i never had this problem until now
    also its a bit difficult for me to update gfx drivers at the moment but i use the 15.11.1 ati crimson adtition
    operation system Win7 X64.
    i cannot really play with this update with other AI so i had to go back to previous update 1052.
    also the force feedback in this update is super good.
    anyone has some problem please tell me how to fix it.

11. stonec

stonec Registered

Great finding, hopefully ISI will read this. I also did another observation: when the non-Steam server is passworded, then if you type in the correct the password the "invalid password" message won't show and you can proceed to join normally. Both from Steam server list and launcher.

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You wouldn't see the invalid message if you put in the correct password, and you would proceed into the server as designed.

13. stonec

stonec Registered

Well it's not so obvious to me since you get the "invalid password" message for all non-Steam servers that don't have a password set. But at least it works with passwords.

14. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Incredible bug really... I can't even... :p It was my friend Bruno who actually found the work-around... Figured I should post it ;)

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

[​IMG]

Here's another lovely Launcher-bug for all y'all... No join button... and a nice error message in Danish... Woo... I can join the server fine through Steam window View > Servers...

EDIT:
    Nope, I lied, I can't join it through Steam serverlist either... It just hangs here: [​IMG]

Funny, because I have three north american friends on there as I write this... gawd :) Restarted my PC in case a port was hanging or something, nope...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  16. Pits

Pits Registered

I can't get to my own server , I've read everything here and done what was said (missed our final league race last night, could only come second so no great loss)
    I spent the night trying to fix and have done the ports etc, added

UDP+TCP 54297
    TCP 64297
    UDP 64298
    UDP 64299
    and directed to the server IP

UDP 54013 (for steam)
    Directed to my own machine's IP

All was working till the build update so I've put it down to the extra ports but still no go, everyone else is fine using steam or not.
    I can see join other games in steam but my own server doesn't show up, I'm at a bit of a rack and hard place now

I've View attachment 19786 attached the ports

17. Georg

Georg Registered

Is there any possibility to reduce rain spray density? We cant use this build for league races because you only have a white screen behind other cars:
    [video]https://twitter.com/xownage133/status/721383744104439808/video/1[/video]

18. bwana

bwana Registered

You should try it at night :cool:

19. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

No you did not lie, I tested !!!rF2 Asia Classic - Brianza 10K, few ~ISR~ and -Fun2Race.net- servers and they all work fine, I can join and get missing component is working fine if I join through Steam server list.

20. Georg

Georg Registered

I guess than you have a black screen because the spray works completly wrong with the lightning ;)