Need help with gen, spinner files

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by INTEL48, Apr 6, 2016.

1. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

I need some help
    what lines do I need to write in GEN, SPINNER, and UPGRADES.ini file
    I want to be able to choose between soft, hard, and wet tyres, I have all the tyre file working, its just graphically, need it to show up in spinner and game view, IE, example, soft tyres show yellow sidewall, hard show red sidewall, and wet show blue sidewall....any ideas

I have created new GMT files for each tyre, what lines point to the appropriate GMT, when selecting tyres in upgrades

2. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Hi,

Are all these tyre skins graphically sitting on the same tyre model, so you have duplicated the tyre model 3 times and assigned different textures to each one?

3. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

yes, but there is another way using same model, just directing to tyre animation, have no idea how to do it, uses cockpit.ini file

4. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

What I have so far is
    COCKPIT.INI file...........................some lines need to be edited....help please

Wheelspeedanims=3
    GraphicalTireCompounds=3
    wheelspeedRPM=(168,672,1000,1500,2000)
    TireCompoundMap=(0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) 3 tyres soft, hard and wet, each has 3 tex anims sw00.....sw02 soft, sw03...sw05 hard, sw06....sw08 we

UPGRADES.INI file is as follows...........................some lines need to be edited....help please

## CPIT=TireCompoundMap=(0,3,6) .........................I KNOW THESE LINES ARE WRONG
    CPIT=SpinnerCompound=1 .........................I KNOW THESE LINES ARE WRONG

UpgradeType="TYRES"
    {

UpgradeLevel="ALL Tyres"
    {

Picture=
    Description="ALL Tyres."
    CPIT=TireCompoundMap=(0,3,6)
    CPIT=SpinnerCompound=0
    HDV=[GENERAL]
    HDV=Tirebrand=tyres.tbc
    HDV=FrontTireCompoundSetting=3
    HDV=RearTireCompoundSetting=3
    }

UpgradeLevel="Hard Tyre Only"
    {

Picture=
    Description="Hard Tyre Only."
    CPIT=SpinnerCompound=1
    HDV=[GENERAL]
    HDV=Tirebrand=tyres-hard.tbc
    HDV=FrontTireCompoundSetting=0
    HDV=RearTireCompoundSetting=0
    }
    UpgradeLevel="WET Tyre Only"
    {

Picture=
    Description="WET Tyre Only."
    CPIT=SpinnerCompound=2
    HDV=[GENERAL]
    HDV=Tirebrand=tyres-wet.tbc
    }

UpgradeLevel="Soft Tyre Only"
    {

Picture=
    Description="Soft Tyre Only."
    CPIT=SpinnerCompound=0
    HDV=[GENERAL]
    HDV=Tirebrand=tyres-soft.tbc
    }
    }

CAR.GEN file

Instance=LFTIRE
    }
    Instance=LFSpindle
    {
    {
    Moveable=True
    MeshFile=lf_tyre.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.00) LODOut=(400.00)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016
  5. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Hi,

So, the method your trying now is correct and the best way to do this, which is why I asked the question before, it's just not quite implemented correctly, you don't need to use the upgrades.ini for this.

Have the tyre gmt's ready with the animation stages for all your graphical compounds. You have 3 compounds so the animation should be (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) inside the gmt for the tyres.

The Wheelspeedanims and GraphicalTireCompounds values you have in the cockpitinfo.ini are correct.

The TireCompoundMap setting needs changing to (0,1,2) because you a total of 3 compounds for your tyres.

What you also need to do is merge all your tyres into 1 tbc file, so all compounds are present there, in the order you would like and with the wet tyre at the very end(this means that your wet graphical stuff must be made to 6,7,8 in the gmts).

The tbc file also relates to the TireCompoundMap, because the first tyre in the tbc file is 0, the 2nd tyre is 1 and the 3rd tyre is 2.

"CPIT=SpinnerCompound=1 .........................I KNOW THESE LINES ARE WRONG"

This is fine and dictates which tyre graphics are shown in the spinner view, so if you put that in the cockpitinfo.ini, the spinner would show the graphical tyre which would be the second compound - again this is tied into the TireCompoundMap setting. If you wanted to show the wet compound for some reason, you would make it 2 in there instead, for example.

Once you have it set up like above, the game engine graphically switches the tyre when you change tyres in the car setup menu automatically, that's why you dont need to use the upgrades system to do it.

So, remove the contents of the upgrades.ini file so that it does not interfere and it's not needed anyway. Soak in the information above and have another go at it.

If you are still having trouble, pass me the tyre gmt's, dds, tbc and cockpitinfo.ini files and i will set it up for you and you can study that after.

Regards