Changing FOV in rF2, triple screens

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jmbcar32, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Jmbcar32

Jmbcar32 Registered

Hi,

I am a new user to rF2, and I have a new PC too, with ASUS triple screen setup and Nvidia GTX970 graphics.

I have used rF1 for a few months, I have been able to adjust the FOV so that it suits my setup perfectly.

However in rF2, the FOV doesn't seem to adjust. I have tried configuring the FOV in the graphics setup in the game or using the config.ini file outside of the game. Maybe I am doing it incorrectly!

I mostly use the TV Cockpit view in rF1, and I was hoping that in rF2 I could adjust the FOV to a suitable level so that I could carry on using the TV cockpit view - but it seems not. I have also tried using the normal cockpit view in rF2, but again I cannot get the FOV to adjust. The seat back/forwards and up/down works, but obviously does not give the desired results.

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced a similar issue or if you can give any advice?

Thanks for any help you all can give.

Jon

2. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

There is no fov setting in any real triple screen setup, there is monitor setup. Go to controls>misc and at the bottom you have a function called tires/triples. Bind something to that one, then when in the cockpit, open it and there you have crazy amount of control for the screens[emoji14]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes rFactor2 has one of the best multiview user interfaces you can find in any game, hotkey is : crtl+=

4. Jmbcar32

Jmbcar32 Registered

Awesome stuff guys! Thanks a lot for your help! Multi screen and FOV is much more realistic and working well now

Seems like a very simple thing, but unless you know about the control+= function then I guess it's not so easy.

5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

rFactor2 don`t have manual, maybe this link can help you: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-game-guide-and-f-a-q.119019/

6. regged

regged Registered

With my similar setup, I use Nvidia surround to setup the triple screens as a single second screen with corrected bezel width and don't use the Rfactor 2 Multi View as it seems to affect the frame rate quite a bit. It's not as configurable but I get a steady 75fps. This also allows you to set the FOV as usual.

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

You have right about fps but if you don't use multiview scaling is not correct and you also have "fish-eye"(stretched picture) effect in your side monitors and game looks horrible.

8. Emery

Emery Registered

Basically you're doing a single flat screen if you're not using multiview. Proportions are all wrong if the monitors are angled, which is why you use multiview. Yes, fps goes down (20-30%?) because 3 camera views are being rendered instead of only 1.