Updating rfmod

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Knackko Lovitch, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Knackko Lovitch

Knackko Lovitch Registered

Hi,

How to make "Edit Existing Mod Package" of rFactor Mod Packager works ?
    I explain: when I want to refer to a previous version of a rfmod (filling "Update from"), when I click "package", the tool always fails on "Base mod for XXX v1.0 must be installed" even if the 1.0 version the the rfmod is well installed. Did I miss something? I've found serveral tutorials to create rfmod but not on updating rfmod, so I wonder if it works :).

Thanks.

2. Knackko Lovitch

Knackko Lovitch Registered

I've forget to add: as "Update from" doesnt seems to work, I create several rfmod during the season changing the version: theseason 1.0, theseason 1.1... each the track change. It works well but when drivers want to play the replay file of the race (their own or server),, they often had the message 'Mod is not currently installed'. Uninstalling related rfmod versions solve the problem most of time.

I read about same problem here but with vmod:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ble-vMod-issue?p=390775&viewfull=1#post390775

Will try to launch rfmod in single player before reading the replay file...

3. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

Thanks, that looks like a real bug, I will try to get a fix in to the next build.