At ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

You are aware that we already have this projection correction. It's called "multiview" and you can enable it if you have a triple screen setup where the side monitors are at an angle. In fact this has been around since rFactor 1. So this won't change anything visibly. What it might do is boost framerate as the three viewports are now being rendered by the graphics card and that might be something worth looking at if a large enough number of users benefit from it.

2. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

Yeah the viewport thing is the clue, because its much more powerful. It makes a big difference with 3xFullHD.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100G mit Tapatalk

3. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Question to the devs: When we could expect the first updated cars of the ISI stock content, which will have the new tire features of build 1098 implemented? (Diffusive adhesion, etc.)

4. TheGrunt

TheGrunt Registered

It should definitely give quite big boost as Nvidia's HW solution manages multi projection with just one rendering pass instead of three. This would in turn mean that there is no performance loss at all using Pascal's HW multiview compared to regular triple monitor arrangement with just one viewport.

5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I am deliriously happy with RF2.
    The depth of the physics and the dynamic environment just allow me to get so much from each track and car combo that I'm afraid I wont live long enough to do them all.
    I love "spannering" the cars and there is always something to learn.

There is one thing that I do miss from rFactor however.(to second a oost above)
    A career or even a season that has a beginning, a middle and an end.
    Its not mission critical for me nowadays as I have a nice structure in my multiplayer career opportunites.
    But at an earlier stage of my sim racing evolution it helped me a lot.
    I started RFactor in single player to learn and get some skills and prepare for multiplayer.

Driving the tin tops I progressed and got skills and track knowledge as I earned prize money to spend on new cars, all the while aspiring to race the Howsten H6 but only once I earned it.
    The open wheeler career saw me start with Skippys and have the joy of earning a seat in an F3.
    It was in the F3 at Silverstone National circuit that I had to finally figure out how diff lock actually works. In the FISI I blew engines on ovals.
    Each progression in the career involved a learning curve.
    It helped bring me to a point where I knew a little more and could step up to faster cars.

I actually want to try something similar in RF2. I know that I can create a championship season and record my progress using other tools online.
    The thing I havent figured out is how to balance the AI across a number of tracks for a consistent experience. Maybe I can run a practuce session and adjust ai speed % to a set level from me?

At any rate such an experience is a great way to induct the newer, developing driver into the wonders of RF2. A lot of ppl like to see some milestones and achievements in their gaming experience.
    Maybe something there would smooth the transition from the less technical titles and as such create a sales funnel for RF2.
    After all we need new blood all the time.

Keep up the great work ISI.

PS Gui......whoever. I disagree with you.
    Reminds me a little of another online identity starting with same initials. Tends to make sweeping statements then fail to back them up then run for cover while calling other ppl argumentative. Probably a coincidence. :)

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Nice plan! :)

Thats the actual beauty of rF2. They gives u the platform and you decide what to do with it.