At ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Mar 25, 2016.

1. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

RF2 has dirt. Its a shame when isi released the experimental track, modders didn't take it up.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

rF2 has dirt demo yes, but no soft material physics. You notice this while driving on run-off grass/gravel, there is no slowing down and digging into gravel effect, just less grip. A true dirt sim would be pMotor 3 simulating some kind of particle interaction with the already excellent tire model.

3. Depco

Depco Registered

I could also see the dirt model working well with the Stockcar mod as going into the infield would be more accurately modeled and the car would react more accurately to going off track.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

depending too much on mods is not that good anytmore unfortunately

5. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Don't make me start on this. Even in rf1 or gtr2 the gravel has been better. In the tdf files you can adjust all this and even that cars sink ia bit into the gravel. Not sure why the gravel in rf2 is like ice....

6. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Because of very advanced tire model, which handles road surface different way than rF1 (and rF1 based sims, like grt2).

7. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

RF2 is definitely a compromised product right now and that's why I'd honestly be against going too far in to dirt physics. There's not a huge call for it with RF2 drivers as is and we're still waiting for so many basic features to be fixed and implemented as it is that we don't need more on the pile. Hell, just a few improvements to visual FX and solving the slightly harsh car sliding would be welcome at this stage.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

We?

Perhaps it is YOU that is waiting.... not everyone is thanks.

9. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

...uh, no, the software is not feature complete so my statement is accurate. You don't have to care they're not there yet but they're still incomplete and absent. That's not a grammatically contentious way to phrase that sentiment.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016
  10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Define "feature complete" please, because the way I see it in a world of motorsport it would take one company years and years to make a sim "feature complete".
    If the sim was solely concentrating on ONE form or series then yes you could ask for that sim to be "feature complete", but as RF2 includes many various different series with varying rules i highly doubt they will be fully "feature complete" anytime soon.

11. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

"Feature complete" as in containing features promoted up to release would be a good start. Add in to that extant but partially finished (or partially present but not implemented) and you've got a long list.

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Which features were promoted up to release? Do you have a list?

"we're still waiting for...." etc I say again.... it is YOU that may be waiting... don't speak for the rest of us by stating WE are waiting.... thanks.

13. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I drive for more than 20 years simulations and I do not know which provides the driving experience as rfactor. yes, I'm waiting eagerly for extensions. But if I had to choose between all currently available simulations (I have pretty much all: Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, Race Room, etc etc) then it would still rfactor. I can only say: Thank you for this game!

14. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

...yeah, I'm not doing this. Go find a pointless argument elsewhere.

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I am quoting what YOU said... correcting what YOU said as YOU do NOT speak for all of US..... understand?

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Agree, you`re speaking for me, too ;)

17. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

me aswell

18. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can we please try to keep this discussion civil and avoid getting personal, I can see where this is leading.

19. Riverside

Riverside Registered

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

Another question to the dev team:

Do you have plans to implement the nVidia simultaneous multi-projection which comes with the latest nVidia cards? This is a feature made for triple-screens and it is built for simracing titles.

Heres an impression:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6NbyEmPalA

Especially at 7:30 and 9:30.

So please check if you can implement this, because it will change the immersion of an triple screen setup.