Getting RF2 mod sounds up to AAA standard

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by hardtohandle, Mar 25, 2016.

1. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Everybody is always coming up with a hundred new ideas for improvements all the time, most of them will never happen, it will always be that way.

And everybody is interested in different things, for me the things that interest me RF2 is massively a step ahead of all the other sims, and I am no fanboy that is the truth. I'm talking about the physics/ffb combo, none of the others sims come close here.

But aside from that, in all other depts RF2 does not dominate over other sims, and RF2 continues to get a rough deal from sim racing community despite it's strong points.

What is it that the game experience revolves around at the end of the day, at it's most simplistic it is the wheel experience, the visuals and the sound. Now with RF2 the wheel is taken care of good and proper, the visuals are OK and the sound is OK. To move from dx9 is a huge huge task it seems.

I have been very impressed with the job Reiza have done with the sounds in Automobilsta, most AMS car sounds are big step ahead of RF2 in the same way RF2 physics is big step ahead of the others. For me sound is very important, and for everybody I am sure.

Unlike making a step change in the gfx dept, making a step change with sound does not require any coding whatsoever, or other major complications, you just get better sounds and put them in the mod, so simple in comparison to moving on from dx9 which is probably a big can of worms.

So I strongly feel the most viable and cost effective way to make the rf2 experience a fundamentally better experience is to perform a serious overhaul on the sounds in the stock content, and be sure to acheive good result so RF2 can legitimately claim to have sounds at least as good as any other sim out there. Both Automobilista and Race room experience are schooling RF2 in sound dept. And I got the Howston Dissenter last night and I liked it very much, but I must say the sounds were rather underwhelming.

That is what I would like most as a user first and foremost, but secondly when I see how it actually is in this fickle world of psycho babble that the simracing community seems to largely consist of, it would make RF2 best in class in 2 different depts, whereas atm I feel it is a one trick pony with the phsyics, that's great for me but not necessarily for making the game a bigger success in general. People are fickle.

The physics/ffb situation is the best in RF2 and not by a small margin, to revolutionise the gfx well that seems a non-starter due to some massive issues, but the sound well that can be done with no headaches so I hope ISI will give this some serious consideration. I do feel that in 2016 it should not be that costly or difficult to get them sounds to be significantly better than what they currently are.

And I am not saying the RF2 sounds are poor they are not, they are OK but they are not awesome. I think they can be made to be awesome a hell of a lot easier than it would be to make the gfx awesome and this would be a very sensible area to place some priority.

2. Sortsylic

Sortsylic Registered

I agree with you. Assetto Corsa sound engine also has its issues but it is much better than rF2's one and has incredible reverb. rF2 should look and sound if not perfect but closer to perfect I think. And it lacks some immersion features like better rain, better particle system, more virtual driver animations (I hope ISI will teach this dummie shift gears some day)...Physics engine is 10/10, now it's time to polish the visuals and souns IMHO

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I honestly don't think anybody can pin point why rF2 continues to get hated on online. To say that it's the sound is wrong IMO. I've played other sims which I believe had poor sounds but never received the hate rF2 does. I really think it's just the nature of people giving reviews online and others taking those reviews as gospel. At the end of the day, if you step up and say you like rF2 you're accused as being a fanboy, troll, hater etc. which has left rF2 users like myself to give up on sim racing sites and discussion boards as it just isn't worth the wear and tear on my fingers.

Sure ISI could drastically improve the sounds. Would it change it's online perception and reviews it gets? Not one bit IMO.

4. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Every reply I read from you is the same, no matter what is asked or wished. Of course good sounds etc. would change reviews to better. I think it is time for you to change your attitude. Do you really think H2H hates rF2? No he don`t, he has passion to this game.

5. Sortsylic

Sortsylic Registered

WTH online is the only reason to improve a sim? Ok.:confused: