Disable Vibration FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sergey Yashin, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

Anyone knows how to disable ffb vibration when your tires are damaged from flat-spotting?
    Must be something I can change in the controller.json file but don't know what.
    Please help, free cookies to those who know...

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

If you don't want flat spotting you could set tire wear to off. If you want tire wear I guess you have to live with that.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

3. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

I'm racing online in a league, but thanks for the will to help. :)

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Ok. Maybe someone knows more than me and can help you. Cheers

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

FFB is tied directly together with the physics.
    Vibration isn't canned and therefore it cannot be turned off.

If you don't want vibration after you lock up a tire, you have to turn off tire wear.:)

6. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

Thanks... :)

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Turn Smoothing up as high as you can, that *might* "help" and I use the term "help" loosely as this is a racing simulation which is meant to simulate real life....i.e. flat spots!

8. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

how much is your ffb smoothing?

9. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

what marc sad :)

10. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

Yeah, my ffb smothing is 32 max and forces on low... Thank you guys, free cookies to the ISI community, I appreciate the help

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It's a big trade off though, IMO, as you're going to miss a ton of FFB detail while racing. :)

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

One of the best parts of the whole FFB :) lol

Slaps it into you not to lock up quick smart ;)

13. Giel_de_Haan

Giel_de_Haan Registered

I always have the smoothing set @ 0.
    When you set it high all the FFB spikes are being cut short. In others words you only feel the FFB below a certain percentage, so a lot of the information about grip etc to the driver(that's you!) is lost.

My advice would be to try to change your brake settings so you lock up less. Play with sensitivity, pressure, or even try to mod your actual brake. What I did is I added "packers" in my spring(I like a good hard pedal). I just cut out some circels out of a piece of rubber/foam, and inserted some between the windings of my brake spring. Btw, i have a G27. Experiment with more or less "packers", and with different kinds of rubber/foam to find your sweet spot.

Good luck!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

14. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

Found a workaround, I have G25 and in the logitech profiler software if I increase Overall Effects Strength to 120% and lower force feedback in rF2, the vibration seems to come down and I still get good ffb when I race. So that seems to work for me right now.
    the truth is, I need to stop locking the front tires :)

15. Comante

Comante Registered

You should have told immediately that you own a G25, as it is known for his rattling and many people complained it. You would have received more helpful advice early on. :D

16. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

You should also remember you need to setup your car to drive properly and that's, of course, after you'll tune up your own driving abilities as if a braking tech is wrong there is much anything gonna save your tires, unless you start using AIDs.. Stuff like warm your tires up before slamming, F:R brake bias, brake pedal forces (they may result a bit overdone for non-loadcell pedals) as well for brake sensitivity, camber etc...are all factors gonna affect your tire life. Its just a matter of feeling what your tires are doing...and to do so you REALLY need your FFB. :)

17. gt40

gt40 Banned

What happened to the slow "kerplunk-kerpkunk" / "flop-flop" flatspot effect at low speed that we had ages ago? Understand the high frequency vibration at high speed but what happened to the ker-plunk at low speed that we had ages ago when flatspotting was originally implemented before it was turned off and then turned back on with the high frequency only?

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think you'll find newer tyres have less physical wear (abrasion), which reduces this effect a bit. The original wear rates would have been nasty when the newer 'imbalance' high speed vibrations were put in. If you give your tyre(s) a really good flatspot you can still see the suspension/tyre 'drop' into the flatspot if you drive very slowly, and you will feel this a bit, but I think the lower abrasion rates make it less pronounced than the old days. Also higher default FFB smoothing and/or damping might be playing a part here.

19. Comante

Comante Registered

Maybe it was exagerated for testing effect. At low speed to feel a flatspot it has to be so pronounced , I would dare to say at least the depth of the tire deformation under the car load.

20. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I hated this too when I had a G27, it sounded like it was trying to rattle my teeth loose with a jackhammer, and I also looked for ways to remove it, with no luck.

The vibrations are much better on my TX458, and so were they on the Fanatec Forza CSR I had after the G27. That was my only solution.