Triple Screen with 2 differrent monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by depor, Mar 21, 2016.

1. depor

depor Registered

Im starting to build my triple screen setup, but since cost is very important, im looking into getting this done without spending loads of money.

i have a Asus LED VE247H (https://www.asus.com/pt/Monitors/VE247H/specifications/)

I can get a Asus LED VE248H (https://www.asus.com/Monitors/VE248H/specifications/) for about 100€

Question is, could i just go and buy the VE248H and then just buy another VE247H or VE248H or im gonna end up having troubles?

They are about the same, the VE248H is 0.4 inch (1cm) bigger, but thats only the screen, in terms of monitor size they are the same.

From what i understood around the web, problem is only if you gonna have different resolutions, but in this case i dont think it will be a problem, but just wanna make sure before i jump in and buy something that gonna make me end up in some troubles.

2. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Should not be a problem as long as one works ok on hdmi with the others on dvi. A friend of mine had a problem with a Benq (2411T i think) and display port on gtx970. With the 3 monitors even all being the same were a huge hassle and he had to upgrade to 3x 2420Z.

I have 2 different Benq 2x 2720Z and a 2720T they work almost perfect together in 3d with only slight colour differences. In 2d they do not work well due to differing lightboost technology but I prefer the 3D anyway.

3. Traveller

Traveller Member

Make sure that your graphics card outputs and monitor inputs match. I'm running three different monitors with no issues.

4. depor

depor Registered

Thanks for the reply guys.

I ordered another VE247H (to match my existing one) and i will buy the VE248H for 80€ (its already a done deal).
    Triple monitor support for my obutto is ready to pick up at post office.

Monitor wise i think like, mid month i should have them all around to mount it to the rig. Will post some pics when its ready ;)