Image Space Incorporated Exclusive Interview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woodee, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I painted a few cars skins now available in the game through ISI, so have a couple others.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

3PA skins only work if ISI gave users the ability to install whatever skinpack without causing online mismatch with original mod. Now with each skin change you have to redistribute the whole mod again and people with original mod can't join the server anymore. So technically it's not a skinpack, it's more like a whole new car download. ISI might as well just offer one car version with all skins as they do now.

I remember reading years ago ISI had some plans to loosen the packaging restrictions to allow free modification of skin files and such. Maybe one day.

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

hu? The virtual skinpacks. I have a few virtual skinpacks: stockcar, indycar, URD and clio's. They work online too. :)

4. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Tim, if you care that I ask:

Does ISI ever planned or do plan to implement something like a thorough list "public variables"? Just like the few ones we have available for setting texture animations in the shader, for example.

That way, we would be allowed to maybe customize some stuff better, without having to wait for you guys do it (same principle as the Rules system) and also, as read-only, they wouldn't interfere on physics, cheating etc.

The flight simulator X-Plane has a cool way to deal with this, which they call DataRefs. Despite the peculiarities between a flight and a racing simulator being extensive, the concept still applies.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Virtual cars/skins have been in for a long time, and they work online. Use them?

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I probably don't know enough to actually answer the question properly, but nothing to stop custom shaders...

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Driverpacks not skinpacks , the person is what is important.

The problem with skins or skinpacks , even if you have 20 car slots some will want to pick the same ones.

People talk about all the unrealistic stuff in sims , 2 identical cars in a race would have to take the cake. lol

Driver pack you drive your car ergo there is only ever one of each.

8. Bink

Bink Registered

Dearest Tim,

Thanks for posting the (not rF3) pre-beta, but it's been almost 10 days now, so you can understand we are upset that you haven't released (not rF3).5 yet.

I, of course, find everything about it completely wonderful, but try to be sympathetic that most of us around here have invested an entire partial week on the product already, and to show this lack of support is unconscionable.

Also, you really need to pay more attention to what we imagine about your business model. Try to see it from our point of view. It really does make allot of sense when you know nothing about it.

So... start doing more of what we want, and keep up the good work, buddy.

Sincerely,
    bink

P.S. ... Quit using that picture of me as your avatar..... and thanks for the shirt!
    View attachment 19670

9. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Could the new game be an official F1 title? If I'm not mistaken Codemasters loses the license after F1 2016 title if they don't renew it. F1 also going strong against mods recent days while their plan is to get closer to the fans, wonder how that will work out. Anyway, if there are no mods around they better have a strong licensed title. Don't think Codemasters delivered in this respect, although the broad masses may have a different opinion.

Regarding sim racers and this forum I think probably all would agree that F1 99-02 was the last great licensed F1 title and we all know who was heavily involved back then.

10. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I highly doubt that Codemasters would let F1 licence go..

11. Comante

Comante Registered

There is no farthest thing from ISI than a official F1 mod will all the things it involve : official tracks, rules, championship management, and so on. ISI is not Codemasters, it's a lot of work, it's not just a "F1 mod".

12. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Well they made official F1 games in the past so.... with EA behind it it should be not a big problem and would help to push the engine to newer standards. But nowadays consoles need to be looked after too. That is where I don't think it will work out ...

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'm sure consoles nowadays are powerful enough to run rF2 engine and 22 cars at the same time
    I run 40 on a i3 2100 and 1gb video card :D
    rF2 has the best video memory management btw at least on my PC, the only sim that use as much as possible memory from the card while all others will use 600~700 and start going to the RAM >_>

14. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I'm not sue performace is the problem, but possibly the console crowd ;)

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

ISI did... 1,2,3,4,5 official Formula 1 games. If a publisher would be behind them it'd be interesting.

Still some of the best F1 games available on any machine alongside (or slightly ahead rather ;) ) of Geoff Crammonds GP series.

16. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Take that back. Right now! :p

17. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Never :) F1C > GP4 :D

18. Flaux

Flaux Registered

19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Other question:
    How goes it with integrity of lifetime-upgrade and one-year-online-upgrade as a steam-gift?
    Can we expect it soon-ish?
    Interesting for 2 friends of mine...

20. stonec

stonec Registered

As a pure driving simulator, yes. Crammond engine had a big shortcoming: the whole game slowed down when FPS went down (not just skipping frames, but lap literally took longer time to complete). In the days when I drove F1C and went back to GP4, it felt like everything was delayed on screen, there was just no way going back from a sim that did everything real-time. Although credits to GP3/GP4 weather, it's still ahead of rF2's imo.

Anyway, ISI isn't making the next F1 game obviously.