Public servers player's strange behaviour.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Comante, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

I've noticed some kind of strange thing on ISI public servers: Sometime I enter an empty one to see if someone will join. In the meanwhile I add some AI to have some fun with them. As soon as the server is populated, player start to enter the server, but as soon as they see that it "just" one player and 10 AIs they leave. In a short time several people did the same. If just they waited 5 minutes we would have had a good race with several real people. is AI the problem or that I stink? :D

2. Depco

Depco Registered

That's pubbie racing. It's not that you suck, or the ai. It's impatient people looking for a "quick race". Nothing more. Keep doing what you are doing.

On a side note, if you are looking for a specific type of racing why not look for a league? There are plenty out there and usually you can find one in the time that you are available to race.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

They are nobs then.
    I say if they can't hang with Ai then they are the problem.

I just add 24 ai and start a 20 minute race alone ( start at back ) , you will see joiners , I say Hi straight away, hit the windows button, click rs on dedicated menu all without leaving my car.

As more join you reduce ai numbers.
    You also make sure anyone can handle the amount of cars ok, if not reduce them

If regulars join you can go straight to warmup and put all real drivers at back of grid, that gives you practice learning the ai's shortcomings and where to make a tight pass and where not too.......

"know when to hold 'em know when to fold 'em " lool

In case anyone has not noticed when you come from back and get spread out and mixed in with ai it throws a whole new complexity on how you approach, draft , braking, passing. I mean you really have to know whom every car is :)

If a guest joins you can start 10 minute qual first and have a coffee break.

Once 6-8 join get rid of all ai

P.S. I stick F3 - rookies up now for 4 hours, I challenge anyone thinks ai is not fun to come to Italy 10K and prove me wrong.

4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

No, they just want proper human racing - this is the main reason people go online in the first race, otherwise they'd be racing offline. If people want to race 10 AI instead, they'd be doing offline.

5. Comante

Comante Registered

Yeah, but if nobody is willing to stay into a server long enough for other to join, then nobody will do. It's quite stupid. People don't want to waste their precious time, so they prefer hit refresh on the server list for 1 hour instead of joining a server with 1 human and stay there for 10 minutes.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, that's online gaming. The server (or servers... sometimes) with good numbers keep good numbers because people join it, while the servers with only a player or two won't keep any visitors for long enough to create a bigger group. Used to happen on a site I was playing at in the late 90s, the difference being there you had no preview of how many people were there. So you'd sit by yourself and have person after person join, see you there, and leave without even saying anything. In 10-15 mins you'd easily have had enough for a good gathering except they'd all moved on and had no idea.

I had a better experience early in rF1, but that was driven by the insatiable desire of aussies (and kiwis, and others) to drive a V8 around Bathurst. So enough people would jump on to drive (instead of just race) that after a while you'd have a decent little race going on. In a way having multiple good mods and tracks (and therefore servers) doesn't help because it divides the numbers a bit more. Except the meganes of course, they're almost always going strong since about 2008 lol

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well Durrrr

what did I say , when you get 6 you drop the Ai

for ffs.

I had Josh in yesterday answered my challenge

He is a great driver and lapped well BUT in the RACES he crashed twice in races attempting things with Ai you would only do with a real driver whom you knew.

That is what you learn with ai, the unexpected. !@!

For anyone to dismiss them as a learning tool for rookies is a dope imho.

Or before you have a opinion go and do 4 years of Ai rookie training like I have.

See you talk of things you have not even done and dismiss them

You so full of yourselves.

Not everyone can have a 20 car league room you try hards.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I challenge any Pro again !@!

come in and play with my Ai @ 120%

See if you don't make a mug of yourself ! .and in the slowest easiest to drive car in rFactor2 !@! hahaha

Come on dare ya ! beat the silly Ai !

Show me how lame Ai are ............

hahahahaha

F3 Rookies 120% easiest layout to drive Italy 10K

I BET you CRASH out with Ai !!!!

ROOMS UP

P.S.

I tell you what always happens, I start people from back I tell them to follow Ai one lap to warm tyres.

They try to pass them 1/2 a lap in and crash.

They then try to jump off the start and pass every Ai by Curva Grande ......which i can do in my sleep too.

So what does that prove ? you are a PRO ? you can pass a lot of ai on the straight ?

lmao oh dear this is getting funnier and funnier.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2016
  9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

See you totally side stepped my point which is fair as you have no way of knowing if you have never tried it have you ?
    WHEN you MIX Ai and real drivers you get a whole new THING.

You don't get it , I see that .

The idea is to get people that do AI to come online.

----------------

10. Depco

Depco Registered

I did the same thing when I ran with DD on the same track.

AND I do this with frequency as well.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

But mate most everyone try it my way ( I am not saying I am right ) improves out a sight.

Today Sjak and me had a great 1/2 race he was slow I dropped back to catch his tow and we passed and towed back to the field !

I said " we can still win this " " we onto the final group relax "

He pushed in tow to Parabolica to get 2-3 cars then ran wide onto marbles, all over rover. hehehe

What you learn is slow in, grab the tow and pass the same cars on the next straight ;)

F3 such low power is like a game of chess.

Boxer is another has improved out of sight lapping with the Ai.
    He was even surprised finishing 9th after a lengthy spin :)

It is not the same thing as offline when you have at least 3-4 drivers in the mix, trust me.

You use each others tow to compound on the Ai you read them, I love it.

The choice between 4 drivers and racing 20 ai with same 4 drivers from back of grid ................. I just can't compare it.

Great for training and smaller open rooms anyways

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Most important is good identifiable skins for the ai, you can't have doubles.

You actually get to know the individual ai that well you know whether to take that late inside line or not. ;)

In F3 Community pack I worked out most cars that veer right on main straight, stay high on bank , etc , you can read them like a book
    almost.

With stock skins that would be impossible.

Having said all that at their worst rF2 F3 ai can be bad but at their best they awesome ( forget Belgium for now )

If you can navigate through 24 F3 @ 120% unscathed over a number of laps ( I don't mean pass half of the start either ) .................much respect. :)

13. Rocket123

Rocket123 Registered

Since I only have a keyboard right now until I get a wheel , I have been racing on the Driver Aids servers only but the tracks are always the same loop . Is there a way to add tracks ? I would like to race at Mosport as it is my home track . I do it offline but would enjoy a bit of online driver aid fun also ... That is until I get a wheel /pedals/shifter then it will be a league for me minus the driver aids of course .

thanks

;-)

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Rooms up now, any want to test their mettle navigating 20 Ai @ 120% in good conditions.

p

15. Traveller

Traveller Member

I'm looking for a serious drafting partner or two or three at Alabama. Herding the AI to set up a speed lap works only so far, as the AI will only go so fast.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Rooms up again, had a great run yesterday with Boxer ( 1st and 2nd ) and a few others.

No one else who has joined has finished a race on the podium yet, usually wiped out by totally avoidable incidents with rampant Ai.

lol ;)