rFactor2 to 50%

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Adalgood, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Adalgood

Adalgood Registered

Hello, I recently set up a GTX 970. The card goes perfectly in all the games that I have less to more use, rFactor2.

My computer is as follows:
    -Intel Core i5-4440 3.10GHz CPU
    -16 GB Ram
    -Windows 7 x64
    -NVIDIA GeForce GTX970

This is my setup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here a race with 30 riders on the track
    [​IMG]

Here a career myself on track
    [​IMG]

I put all the graphics and only ultra disabling VSync, HDR and FXAA. I think a race with 30 drivers on the grid and usually have a minimum of 35 and maximum of 80 fps and could play but I know it is not performing as it should and could give as many FPS as I checked while I play the GPU works between 52-67% of CPU usage and an average of 25% working so the processor does not make me bottleneck with the graphics, but have a problem that works for me rFactor2 50% basically.

There are already several references I have of others with lower PCs have a greater number Fps or twice superior to mine. I checked the performance in another 6 games / simulators over and goes all perfect, only happens with the rFactor2.

I have all the graphics driver and the updated computer.

Someone else happened, you know something and can help me?

Sorry my English.Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

52-67% of GPU usage? You should typically have almost 100%. How does it look when you drive alone on a track (with 0 AI)? CPU usage is too low. 25% means, only 1 core is used. At least 2 should be (so, 50+ %).

3. McFlex

McFlex Registered

The only reason for your GPU usage being under 100% is that you capped your FPS at 80. It's the "max frame rate" entry in your player.json. You should check that

4. Adalgood

Adalgood Registered

I do not know what happened with my first post. I repeat updated with pictures.

Hello, I recently set up a GTX 970. The card goes perfectly in all the games that I have less to more use, rFactor2.

My computer is as follows:
    -Intel Core i5-4440 3.10GHz CPU
    -16 GB Ram
    -Windows 7 x64
    -NVIDIA GeForce GTX970

I put all the graphics and only ultra disabling VSync, HDR and FXAA. I think a race with 30 drivers on the grid and usually have a minimum of 35 and maximum of 80 fps and could play but I know it is not performing as it should and could give as many FPS as I checked while I play the GPU works between 52-67% of CPU usage and an average of 25% working so the processor does not make me bottleneck with the graphics, but have a problem that works for me rFactor2 50% basically.

There are already several references I have of others with lower PCs have a greater number Fps or twice superior to mine. I checked the performance in another 6 games / simulators over and goes all perfect, only happens with the rFactor2.

I have all the graphics driver and the updated computer.

Someone else happened, you know something and can help me?

Thanks

5. Adalgood

Adalgood Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  6. Adalgood

Adalgood Registered

7. Adalgood

Adalgood Registered

I received the file and have it start line so ... "Max Framerate":0,

8. Marek Lesniak

Are you sure, first value is for GPU usage? If not, please re-check that.
    Anyway, your fps indeed are too low. For unknown reason, your CPU usage stays at about 1 full (total) core load, which is not how it should be and that's probably the reason for low fps. The question is, why it behaves like that...

Set everything to low in the sim (including lowest possible resolution) and check GPU and CPU usage again and paste screenshots here.

Make sure, you have correct and newest drivers for your mainboard and CPU (if required). I'd also try with different GPU driver, just in case.
    Check in the Task Manager, if rFactor2 process has all cores assigned (also, just in case, because it should be like that by default).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  9. Adalgood

Adalgood Registered

Lesiu correct. The first value above is for the use of the GPU. I checked all the data you've given me and these are the results:

Here with all graphics Low / Off, 800x600 resolution and 30 cars on track.
    View attachment 19572

Here with all graphics Low / Off, 800x600 resolution and 1 car on track.
    View attachment 19573

Here with all the graphics in Full \ High, 800x600 resolution and 30 cars on track!! I do not understand how such a low resolution have so few FPS!!
    View attachment 19574

According to the analysis of the afterburner four cores they are working but also use a fairly low. It's all very strange. In other games the use of not lower than 95% GPU and CPU not lower than 60%. I want to ride three monitors but with this performance I can not :(

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What's the second % figure for the GPU? The one that's on 97-98%? (haven't used the osd myself)

11. Adalgood

Adalgood Registered

I do not know this value. In all games it is always between 95-98%

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think it might be Fan Speed, so no relation to your issue. You probably have it set to run fast all the time.

And having tried the OSD, I'm finding my own GPU usage is sitting around 40-45% without any frame limiting or vsync selected, with fps ranging up to 90 or so in fullscreen mode. Will have to work out why that is...

13. stonec

stonec Registered

Try running fullscreen instead of borderless mode in rF2 video settings, borderless/windowed mode is sometimes causing lower performance. Also test turning "Soft Particles" off, it can be a big FPS eater for unknown reasons.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think I'm having my own CPU related issues (unlikely to be a problem for you), but out of curiosity what happens if you put both reflections settings to Off?

Also, try running some standard ISI content (track especially) and see if it's any different. (*Oops, that's probably the standard Sao Paulo you're on... try a different track anyway lol)

15. Georg

Georg Registered

Go to Nvidia control panel to the 3D settings and select "prefer maximum performace" at the power management modes. I dont think it will help but it is a try. I have the feeling your rig is idling for some reason.
    And try to change from borderless to fullscreen what stonec said. Try all 3 modes.
    What Mainboard are you running? Is it supporting PCI-E 3.0 16x? Do you have other PCI-E cards installed?

I have a GTX970 too, only 8GB RAM and a i5-2500K and I can play way higher settings including full AA, soft particles, Full shadow quality etc with higher framerates and even stream it at the same time in 1080p.

Can you post your Afterburner settings so we get an idea what the different values mean? Because it shows that there is always something limited at the line "LIM"

16. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

@Adalgood you are running rFactor2 in Borderless mode which means that rFactor2 is running trough OS-Sync buffer and it limits you graphic cards performance. Use mode: Fullscreen and you get better performance.

Second thing is that you seem to have 60hz monitor which means that monitor can only show visible 60 fps and whats the point to force 80,100 fps etc. when you monitor can only show 60 fps? You get only worse gaming experience with tearing, stutters etc. when you are doing that. You can use locked fps in rFactor2 open player.JASON file and edit this line: "Max Framerate":60, .

I can also see that your is Texture Filter is setup to "Trilinear" try X8 or X16 Anisatropic Texture Filter it looks much better in rFactor2.

Low GPU loads don`t mean that there is something wrong if your game is looking good and you get gaming experience which makes you satisfied. Single card don`t have to load 95-100% all the time. If game looks fantastic with only 50-67% GPU loads you should be happy. Good looking game with low GPU usage is less temperature = better performance, longer life time to you hardware etc.

:)

17. Marek Lesniak

It's definatelly NOT ok, if gfx card is utilized only in 50-70% in this sim.

18. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

What your point?