Gmotor2 error: Error error creating standard default shader: error setting video mode

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Lennart95, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Lennart95

Lennart95 Registered

Hello everyone,

A few days ago I bought rFactor2 and today I wanted to play. The launcher does run successfully, but when I want to start Single player or Multiplayer, the game shows the following errors:

Gmotor2 error: Error error creating standard default shader: error setting video mode.

I've installed rFactor2 again for four times. I removed the shaderMAS.hash log, installed the most recent graphic card driver and tried all video settings.

My system:
    CPU: I5 4670
    GPU: GTX760

I hope you guys can help me to fix the game, so I can play :)

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Lennart

2. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

you don't have a dll dropped into the installation folder, like the nvidia clamp one for negative lod bias, the files are nv3dum.dll and nv3dumx.dll, look for those in the game directories only, not system stuff.

It's a bit of a longshot but I had this same issue and that was the root cause for me, hope it is for you, good luck.

3. Lennart95

Lennart95 Registered

When I don't have those dll's in my game folder, I have to download those and drop them in the main game directory?

I have none of those in the game directory, but can not find the nv3dumx on the internet to download.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2016
  4. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

they should not be there, my message was slightly mis-understood in translation I think lol, if the files are not there then that is good;)

5. Lennart95

Lennart95 Registered

Well unfortunately I don't have those file in my directory, so I have to search for another solution.

6. Krambolage

Krambolage Registered

Hi there,

Sorry to necro this thread but I'm having the same problem (on Win 10).
    I checked the application logs and got some infos which I unfortunately can't understand (the message's in French so I'm gonna try to explain it in english, then post it here) :
    There's a side-by-side problem, conflict between 2 components

Here's the log :
    "
    La création du contexte d’activation a échoué pour «*d:\installedgames\rFactor2\Bin32\rF Config.exe*».
    Erreur dans le fichier de manifeste ou de stratégie «**» à la ligne .
    Une version de composant nécessaire à l’application est en conflit avec une autre version de composant déjà active.
    Les composants en conflit sont :
    Composant 1*: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.10586.0_none_8c15ae12515e1c22.manifest.
    Composant 2*: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.10586.0_none_d3c2e4e965da4528.manifest.
    "

Google didn't help me much (I found this http://www.thewindowsclub.com/winsxs-folder-windows-7-8 but didn't help at all) so I hope somebody can enlighten me :D
    Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017