New to rFactor 2 Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbobsacamano, Feb 26, 2016.

1. mrbobsacamano

mrbobsacamano Registered

Hello all I just bought rFactor 2 when it was on sale on steam and I have some questions about setting up the ffb and the steering wheel rotation. I am using a Logitech G29. My understanding is that I need to change car specific ffb mult for every car and it might be different on different tracks. I'm using the pedal plugin to see if I have any clipping, this step seems pretty similar to how I did it in AC before the ffb clipping app was made.

Also ffb minimum torque is that the same thing as minimum force in AC? I have it setup I think at 12% in AC and don't change it regardless of what car/track I'm using.

I can't figure out why my steering wheel doesn't match up with the one in game. I have vehicle set ticked which I thought would make the wheel use the same degrees as the car has in game. My profile is set to 900 degrees but in game it says a different amount but my steering isn't 1:1 with the game. I was using an open wheeler and I had turned my wheel about 270 degrees and in game the wheel only moved about 45 degrees. I thought it was just like AC where I just leave the profiler at 900 and let the game take care of the rest.

My final question is about the track map plugin so I don't know if I should ask in a different thread or not. I'm trying to use the mas utility to make it so the track maps show up in game. My problem is I thought you had to copy the AIW and GDB files and save it in the tracks folder. I can't seem to paste them though, if I select the AIW and GDB files I can copy but I can't paste them to my desktop or anything, there is no paste option. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if the G29 just isn't working right but I'd appreciate some tips on what I should try. Also if anyone else is using a G29 and has some settings they'd recommend I try, I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

In your logitech profiler, do you have "let games made change" (someting like that) ticked?

3. mrbobsacamano

mrbobsacamano Registered

As far as I know there is no longer that option with the G29. I used to have the G27 and I know what you're talking about but that option is gone in the G29 software.

4. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Ho...
    Sorry cant help you more
    If vehicule set" enabled in rf it is supposed to work with a variable rotation wheel...

5. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Not sure on the G29 rotation issue but I will try to help with the Trackmap. When you use the Mas tool you need to extract the files to the proper tracks folder, not copy and paste. So choose the AIW and GDB files, right click and choose extract. Then point towards your tracks file. You will find doing this with a handful of tracks one after the other may be quicker as you wont have to search for the tracks folder. Also make sure you are pointing towards the correct folder. eg (your path)\rFactor2\Plugins\TrackMap\Tracks.

6. mrbobsacamano

mrbobsacamano Registered

I tried to extract and it still didn't work, not sure why not. I'll keep messing around with it, thanks for the help.

7. AceLain

AceLain Registered

you can record your own path, it take only 1 full laps.

8. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Are you seeing any maps? Do yo have the map layout on in the trackmap plugin turned on.

9. mrbobsacamano

mrbobsacamano Registered

Yea I did that for one track, I think the mas file would be faster though but at least I can do it that way if necessary.

10. mrbobsacamano

mrbobsacamano Registered

Yes I see some maps, I think it's mostly mod maps that don't work. I'm more concerned about the rotation issue but I guess no one knows how to fix that.

11. Depco

Depco Registered

Press 0 (zero) on your keypad to cycle through static map, rotating map, and no map.

12. mrbobsacamano

mrbobsacamano Registered

I'll give that a try but it says no map found or something like that and it says rotating or fixed too so I don't think that's why it's not showing up.

13. mrbobsacamano

mrbobsacamano Registered

I've been running it from the tools folder and haven't tried running it as admin yet, I'll try it out.

EDIT: Tried running from the launcher and from the tools folder as admin and not as admin, still the same thing, it just says no map loaded. I"ll try out some other tracks later, maybe it's the specific track or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2016
  14. expdom

expdom Registered

Try this, extract both files to Desktop and then paste into the tracks folder. Windows will ask you for permission to do this, grant the permission. Your problem is related to UAC privileges.

EP

15. mrbobsacamano

mrbobsacamano Registered

That didn't work either. Windows didn't ask me for permission either, I was able to add them to the tracks folder no problem.

16. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

What does "didn't work" mean? You extracted the files and got no map or you still can't extract the files? If it's the former, you might want to ensure you're not dealing with a track with multiple layouts. In that case you need AIW/GDB from each layout for each map to display. If it's the latter, then I don't know what to tell you. I've been using the MAS utility to extract tracks for years without issue.

17. expdom

expdom Registered

Is this track you're trying to add a single layout variant?. If not, are you adding all variants?.

EP

18. mrbobsacamano

mrbobsacamano Registered

What I'm doing is opening the files from the installed/locations folder and when I use the mas tool it has like 5 files in there. I look in there and there is only one of those files with AIW/GDB files inside. I extract those AIW/GDB files to the tracks folder and it says no map found in game. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I guess I'll just manually do the maps in game.

19. expdom

expdom Registered

Check that the AIW/GDB files do exist in the Tracks map folder. What track is it?.

EP

20. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Weird. Do you have more than one install of rF2? If so, are you sure you have the right Tracks folder?