OSW, 1:1 FFB, Power-Steering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, that's the one I was thinking of. I *think* this means you can change the effective FFB by giving yourself more/less leverage on the steering rack, but because the steering rack movement is defined separately you don't get a corresponding change in steering sensitivity? (like using a long lever to lift a large rock makes it 'lighter', but you'll move it less; I think these parameters are like using the lever to lighten the load, but without changing the movement at the other end... but I could be very wrong!)

2. softslider

softslider Registered

Hi Spinellie,

Let me have a question which is a little off topic on this thread. Firstly I would like to say thag I'm not so knowledgeable on this topic.

I saw some writings to set STS as 0.272~0.275 for OSW for rFactor2. BTW recently I saw your post that wheelcheck ffb linear result is useless according to the developer.

My question is if it is still valid(or recommended) for OSW to set STS as 0.272~0.275, MMos max power as 100% and ingame's multi ffb as the taste?

3. softslider

softslider Registered

Hi Paul,

How did you find the vale 0.176. Just try and error believing your feeling? Any good tool or method?

It's really hard for me to find the sweat spot. Maybe I can set it matching just to my taste but I can't believe it makes linear FFB. Although I find my preference, it's easily useless in other car.

4. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

It's really about try and error and what works fine for you. I uses STS 0.200 for a longer time now, but I think I will bring it back higher because often I get very strong kicks from kerbs and even from road bumps which feels unrealistic. By putting downs STS you will in parallel need to add more FFB Multiplier to feel center of the wheel and low forces, but then those high forces from the bumps will be even more stronger.

5. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Is there any reason to think that those quite low STS values gives linear/realistic ffb?
    Or is it just that people tend to like that kind of ffb.
    I'm running with 1.0 STS with my osw at the moment.

6. Markj

Markj Registered

Does anyone have an Osw controller file that they could share and advice on MMOS settings. Got my small mige and SimuCUBE but struggling to get a setting that isn't too light or heavy and notch.

Sent from my Sony Z3 using Tapatalk

7. cookie

cookie Registered

8. Markj

Markj Registered

Fantastic thanks, completely forgot to look under hardware section... Excitement getting the better of me.... Will give your settings a try :)

Sent from my Sony Z3 using Tapatalk