GTL 2 .......what would you like to see.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by DurgeDriven, Feb 14, 2016.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

http://www.virtualr.net/gt-legends-sequel-works

IF ...........:p

1. gMotor obviously lol

Completely remove every single modern system and aid from the engine, physics, settings, menus and buttons.

Each sim would be closed to cars of the decade and mods would need 3PA approval.

2. A new sim released every 2 years covering a decade starting at the 50's through to the 70's

3. Daytona beach and road Course ( closed 1958) a track never reproduced.

US content:
    1951 Hudson Hornet
    1954 DeSoto FireDome
    1955 Chevrolet Bel Air
    1955 Chrysler 300
    1956 Plymouth Fury
    1958 Pontiac Bonneville
    1959 Chevrolet Corvette

Be great to have a free roam city separate from locations.

MCO style with filling stations and drive-ins to meet, spontaneous street drag and fairground racing.

I just think of thunderstorm with vacuum windscreen wipers and no heating.................. hehehe

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
  2. rhamm

rhamm Registered

It would immediately be better because Starforce is no longer a thing.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

hehehehe

very true :)

P.S.
    I never liked all the left over aids and buttons in any gmotor title.

Starting from the 1950s you could just forget all that, what a huge difference to realism that would make.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
  4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I would like to see:

1- Eventual proof (art and concepts) it is happening within the next 8 months.
    2- A game geared towards quality game modes - like different championships - and centered around an actual series, which we haven't had in 10 years.
    3- Real cars with fictional names if necessary.
    4- 1967-1971 GT cars like Ford GT, Porsche, Chaparral and Lola.
    5- A selection of at least 11 tracks adequately made, with freaking crowd and lively atmosphere, banners, sponsors, whatever.
    6- Whichever base they go, from ISI to Unreal engine, that for gods sake it looks/renders the graphics well so it's not unpleasant.
    7- Good sounds.
    8 - Marshals and crowds that look human, and a basic pitcrew.
    9 - rFactor (1) slider setup.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
  5. jimagn

jimagn Registered

All of the cars from GTL, Power and Glory, and HistorX. That would be a download worth waiting for.

6. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

In game historic racing encyclopedia, with cars, track, drivers and events.[emoji6]

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Goodwood!

8. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

Proper working clutch and non-synchronized transmission (1 - 2) if it is also in real car, heel/toe use to prevent gearbox damage and weight penalty or some other similar penalty to equalize H gearbox shifting guys with those who are shifting with stering wheel paddles in online races. This is all what I would like to see ... also in rFactor 2 one day.

9. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Wow - 8 straight posts and not a single negative post. Either hell has frozen over or I am not on the rF2 forum like I think I am................

A new and improved GTL would be awesome..

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Wait until they announce engine ...........you will hear me bellow then. lool ;)

David Wright GTL expert and enthusiast hinted ISI work on something other then rF3.

I just cross my fingers and toes 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 :p

Do we even know how big Tiny Feet is ?

Hopefully it is niche which fits with ISI, each title could push the others sales.

What worries me if they are a larger company.
    ie: the majority do not care about physics but rather content and eye candy.

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

You are wrong, graphic performance not eye candy. I dare to claim that he IS focused more on graphic performance from the beginning sales numbers to rF2 would tell a different story then it is today.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

So more drive AC and pCars because of graphic performance ?

13. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes it is just to click and play, rF2 you must spend days to make things to work, not all are, rF1 of GTL veterans.

14. PaulG

PaulG Registered

VR support, for me, is mandatory. Will never spend another penny on a racing sim that doesn't have this feature out of the box.

Otherwise, very excited. Classic racing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> modern racing.

Denuvo is a pretty worthy successor (if we're talking about trash that penalizes people for actually buying their games).

15. Gevatter

Gevatter Registered

Very much interested, but I will contain my excitement until I've played it.

I would like to see a solid physics engine, ISIMotor or not, and an interesting career mode, much like the original GTL had. A bit of polished graphics are nothing to sneeze at, also I would hope for laser scanned tracks. I like those a lot. It is also (of course) always a matter of content provided - I'm not interested in a Sim if there is not enough content that interests me.

The original GTL did almost all of those things very well. I'm still playing it from time to time now.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I would certainly not hope that we're supposed to race historic race cars on modern circuits.

17. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Agreed. I'd hope there were zero modern layouts. A game built around classic cars needs to have classic layouts for its tracks.

18. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

I will quote my post from RD, because I have a feeling, a lot of people really do not understand the idea of GTL.

"Maybe I am wrong, but a lot of guys here don˙t understand what GTL really represents. The game is not like GPL with historic cars and historic tracks from ages ago, it puts us into modern racing category of classic cars and they are needed to be driven on modern tracks. So old cars on new tracks and I am sure, GTL2 will do the same :D"

http://www.hscc.org.uk/championships

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
  19. David Wright

David Wright Registered

I agree with the post above - I'm guessing many are not familiar with GT Legends :)

GT Legends was based on the 2005 FIA Historic racing championship which of course raced on modern circuits. Since the new title is a sequel to GT Legends there is a good possibility it will also simulate current historic racing, though sadly the FIA Championship is no more. If it does then naturally it will include modern tracks.

Historic racing has been growing in popularity at least here in the UK. Around 100,000 attend the Silverstone Classic event and the Goodwood Revival.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
  20. Miro

Miro Registered

Not sure what to expect. I guess nothing untill it is released or more details are known. :cool:

Tiny Feet Studios
    5. August 2014 ·
    "We are currently looking for UE4 developers! Please get in touch if you are interested, or knows somebody that might be."

facebook.com/tinyfeetstudios

EDIT: Looking at the date might aswell be for a past project.