My Rfactor 2 won't update to the latest build

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Rael Leurink, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Rael Leurink

Rael Leurink Registered

I have a problem with the newest update from Rfactor 2.

It would download but won't install because (something is already using that file) and that exe file ( can't recall what it was but I think it's a very important file for updates)is not in the directory map where it already is
    And then the rfactor 2 launcher shuts off, but after motable attempts to make it work the icon of Rfactor 2 launcher got automatically replaced by a standard windows exe file icon.

I tried to reinstall the sim but it didn't work, recently I bought a g29 logitech wheel could it be that has something to do with it ?

I really have fun with Rfactor 2 and I really want this simulator to get working again, please if you recognize this issue or had a similar problem please help me :(

2. redapg

redapg Registered

If you rename the ..\UserData folder of the old Installation into e.g. UserData_Backup, Download the Build 1052 Lite Version and install it over the old Installation, it still don't works?

EDIT I forgot to ask if you are talking about the Steam-Version. If yes, don't do the suggested.
    In Steam you have to go a different way.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
  3. Rael Leurink

Rael Leurink Registered

It's not the steam version i got, i bought it at this website. So i will give it a try in the evening. I will give a sign if it worked or not :)

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Good Luck. :)