Renault Megane Trophy v1.02 - v 1.45

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by MISC-NL, Feb 10, 2016.

1. MISC-NL

MISC-NL Registered

I can relate to this, tried ffb 0.77 smoothing 18 then slowbump on 0 brakebalance max 68 32 lowest tire pressure possible still its not good to be continiued

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Exactly, make a mod with both, run a dedicated offline room and swap cars in session with same conditions, etc.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Agree that the default setup is more twitchy than previous version. So... change the setup: dial in more rear bump, turn down rear rebound, lower rear tire pressure, and maybe drop rear ride height. Lower spring rates if it feels too harsh. Standard setup advice, no rocket science involved.

FFB? No suggestions other than take a look at pedal overlay to confirm you're not clipping. On my CSWv2, I've started with my normal car-specific setting of 0.5 which feels fine, but I might dial it back to 0.45 if I do much curb-hopping as I'm getting a little clipping then. Maybe turning down front rebound or spring rate in the setup will reduce some of what you're feeling.

4. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

But you don't say what hardware you're using, how can anyone help? Though what may work for one wheel will not work for another. I have a belt driven wheel (Thrustmaster TX) and I like the FFB, very communicative, no rattling. You must has a Logitech, which I'm sure can feel good but setting it up will be completely different. Surely turn minimum torque way down.

5. Icarus

Icarus Registered

Sry, Thrustmaster TX W/458 Rim. I don't see what can be done with my equipment or settings apart from car specific FFB, which I've already tried. Every other car in game feels great. Maybe car setup help, or car specific config tweeks maybe? I mean the difference between the old Trophy and the new one is like the best FFB vs the worse.

Rfactor2 settings:
    FFB Smoothing 4
    FFB Minimum torque 1.5
    Steering rate 20
    Speed sensitivity 0
    Exaggerate yaw 25

Thrustmaster Control Panel:
    Overall 100
    Periodic 100
    Spring 0
    Damper 0

6. FuzzyFassbender

Now I'm confused, I had to assume you had a gear driven wheel. Why someone (me) would really like the FFB of new Megane and you say it's terrible, very strange that our experience we could be so different. I guess FFB comes down to "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", I personally like quite a bit of feedback - one of the reasons I like rF2 so much. The FFB in AC for instance, feels dead to me, lifeless. Race cars in my opinion should not feel like my street car.
    In addition, as far as settings go, I see you have FFB smoothing at 4, I personally never use smoothing with my belt driven wheel, and I use a higher minimum torque (5), both of these settings (no smoothing, and higher torque) would make the FFB feel harsher. I don't have the answer...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
  7. Icarus

Icarus Registered

But you can notice a big difference between the two versions yes?

8. FuzzyFassbender

I do notice a difference but I surely wouldn't say be big difference. One thing I liked with v1.02 as I stated was that the FFB felt more alive.

9. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Exactly what I said in the release thread.
    Fanatec Elite here

10. Nils

Nils Registered

Very bad FFB for me too on T500RS. Had a race with the old version some days ago and it was very nice, was excited about the new version, but it feels horrible, something like back in the days when rF2 was new and I had a G25, rattling and shaking is overpowering any feeling for road and tires. Pity...

11. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

A few days ago I did some offline racing with this new Megane on (a nice version of) Laguna Seca and I really liked it. Yes, it's very twitchy, but I managed to drive for about 1,5 hours without major screw-ups. I used the stock settings and once I learned to feather the throttle, I managed to get fast and very consistent lap times!
    Yes, the ffb is very harsh in comparison with other cars, but if I drive the car smoothly I don't have any issues with it. I have a T500 RS with all settings at 100 % (except overall: 60 %). (I used to turn off the spring and damper, but the difference is so minimal that I leave it on since some of my games require it to turn them on.)

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

One click less rear downforce, stiffer ARB, stiffer rear spring rate, and 8 clicks less neg. camber front and rear gives me a car that both handles and feels amazing.

13. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Drives normally however I cannot like overly twitchy FFB. Suddenly my T300 acts like DFGT/G25 rattling machine.

14. SRGP

SRGP Registered

With a T300rs, I have rF2 "FFB Minimum Torque" to 10% (in game menu) : your 1.5 seems strange to me. "Car Specific FFB" at 1.0
    In the Thrustmaster Control panel, I keep the "Overall" at 75%
    No problem so far at Silverstone, Montreal and Mills.

15. ZVR

ZVR Registered

Exact same settings for me too with T300. Minimum torque <10% seems too low.
    CPM seems to do the trick with meganeII, really alive.
    Also adding 1-2 smoothing seems the best for me.

16. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Minimum torque <10% is not too low. rF2 seems to be able to change rotation angle (for each car) from the TM control panel. Minimum torque is related to the rotation angle (the curve changes where the wheel actually starts to move not just vibrate), the lower rotation angle the less min force you need. For example something in the range of 400-500 steering lock with 10% min force gives very strong (annoying) center spikes. Where as ~10% min force with 900 steering angle is about right.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
  17. rolandhaans

rolandhaans Registered

I too, can't relate to the experiences of some here with a T300 wheel saying the ffb to be very notchy or rattling. My settings are:

Rfactor2 settings:
    FFB Smoothing 0
    FFB Minimum torque 0.5

Thrustmaster Control Panel:
    Overall 100
    Periodic 100
    Spring 0
    Damper 0

To me, the ffb is very communicative, yet maybe having a tad more oscillations than the other cars, but never to the extend where I would describe it as rattling or overly notchy. If anything, the ffb is exactly as I would expect it from a car with stiffer suspension and low profile tires.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

+1

That's a very good point.

19. ZVR

ZVR Registered

You are correct, it indeed changes rotation lock in TM panel - for Megane 1.02 this is 612o lock to lock.
    Now for this specific car, and with T300's gain setting at 75% in TM panel, I find that min torque <10 is too weak in the low force area.
    I guess it is a matter of personal taste, but a good indication is if wheel vibrates due to engine noise when you are stopped in pits.
    This is also mentioned in the generic guide : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19034-Guide-Optimal-FFB-settings-for-rFactor-2-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D

I find this "vibration test" to be a nice starting point and then I change it accordingly.

20. ZVR

ZVR Registered

RF indeed changes angle in TM panel.
    I'm refering to TrophyII specifically with vehicle set lock to lock, that is 612o.
    Gain in TM panel ~75% and zero dumper.
    In game smoothing =1
    With the above settings, on my T300 min torque <10% is not good enough for me. That is I cannot feel low forces as I would like.
    A nice quick test for min torque setting is the one mentioned in the Generic FFB guide in isiForum: Remain stopped in the pit and check if you can feel the vibration due to engine noise. If not increase min torque.
    Mostly I start per car with this "vibration test" and fine-tune it by running a couple of laps.