rFactor 2 Build 1052 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I can also confirm this, happened to me several times.

I kinda realized I need to choose a car or track and then press Back to return to menu instead of pressing Race to go immediatelly to load. After pressing Back I think it will save the selection, otherwise it won't.

Maybe it's worth for devs looking into it, maybe it works as intended..

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Easily implemented?! If they were easy, don't you think they would be in there already?

Are you a software engineer? Do you know how to fix these problems and add features easily? Go ahead... make your own sim and see how "easy" these things are to implement.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They would be in there if a decision was made to put them in there, because they are easily implemented. Of course making a whole sim isn't easy - but that's why not having some of the simpler stuff makes even less sense. And I'm not even talking about new features that are relatively simple (like a simple KERS; like different groove effects for a wet track). How about this. That's just an adjustment of something that's already in there, or a small change if you want to allow a lot more options. It's not rocket science.

You don't need to rewrite the entire sim, and you don't need to be able to write a whole sim yourself to know that a number of minor features and adjustments wouldn't be difficult to do. And for many types of racing they would make a huge difference in rF2 every day.

I'm not saying ISI hasn't got a great sim; but I'm not going to just come in here and say "thanks ISI!" when some simple things people have been wanting since 2012 haven't ever been looked at, despite being posted multiple times in the wish list and bug reports sections that ISI/Tim has provided.

4. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Forum bitching version 1052 has been released............................................

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

hrrrmmm hrrmmm Woodee a bit searching through the ISI forum will answer some of your question's pretty sure
    (hint he's one of the good guys) ;)
    how ever ..
    I thought pretty much the same after reading the build feature/fix list. But as always there are some additional (completely unimportant) points :rolleyes:. For example that obviously we (non steam users) can now see the steam users in the matchmaker ^^? I have not tested it but it was stated on page1 from stonec. IMO a very important port (for me) ^^.
    Ah yes then there are some points I guess they are important but I've no clue what is meant with this second control thing. But with time and patience everything will be clear ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  6. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

I really don't understand all the complaining when people receive a free update, maybe it's me.

Anyways, thanks for the new build, good to see there's still progress even after 4(?) years.

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Non steam users can now see the steam users in the matchmaker. Good job ISI :)
    I can clearly see that VEC guys have got their wishes. Build 1053 features and fixes seem to be most to leagues. Let's hope that next build is to vast majority. :D

8. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Thanks for the update ISI. Everything is working perfect here. RF2 is the only thing I drive now. For me, nothing comes close to it's quality.

I just have one request if possible. The red pit arrow when coming down pit lane is pretty hard to see on most tracks. Any way it could be made brighter and bigger?

Thanks again ISI.

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I think Lazza has a good point.

10. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I can't imagine any developer who would ignore a feature that was easy to implement and would also make most of their customers happy. Which leads me to believe things you think are easy to implement aren't actually easy to implement without breaking something else in the game or are just flat out hard to do in their current game engine.

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Is this rely too hard for you to understand: "when some simple things people have been wanting since 2012 haven't ever been looked at, despite being posted multiple times in the wish list and bug reports sections that ISI/Tim has provided."?
    Whats the point with rFactor 2 Technical & Support & Bug rapports when nobody is reading them ?

12. Miro

Miro Registered

I think there are some more chages under the hood here which are not mentioned in the log. How fast it gets wet if it rains and also considered how much it rains. There might be some changes to the track temps with the real weather plugin too. Only ISI knows everything I guess. :D

13. elbo

elbo Registered

This is a great build, probably the best build ever, other sim communities only wish they had builds this amazing and we all love it. It is going to be huge.
    -TRUMP 2016-

14. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Anyone know why I get the following after verification of build 1052?

"One or more critical simulation files failed verification.
    C:/Games/WRS 2016 Test/rFactor 2/UserData/Controller/AZ Keyboard.JSON failed verification."

15. bwana

bwana Registered

+1 Plus thanks for the megane , !! FFB tweaked? seems better to me.

16. stonec

stonec Registered

To expand on quoted post, I listed in following some improvements that I think are perceived as "important" by most of community (I take no stance on how feasible these are to implement).

-Rain improvements (graphical & physics)
    -Realroad improvements (dynamic track temperature)
    -Realistic clutch & gearbox that can break
    -Multiplayer lobby improvements (basic filters...)
    -Better oval AI (still WIP)
    -ERS/hybrid tech (+allow rules to set time limit for ERS usage per lap)
    -New SLI profile
    -DX11+ & VR support (more a "nice to have" feature at this point but becomes essential in near future)

Maybe these could be forwarded to the devs, or make some kind of poll on forums. Because while copy-pasting support is an improvement, I think the majority here agree that it's a "nice to have" feature rather than anything essential.

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Trying the build you will notice an improvement that is a step ahead in what you are asking for "rain stuff":
    --> Slowed down water build-up on track when raining

18. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Sorry to interrupt the cry baby party but the LOD issue that Tosch reported, should be fixed now.

19. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Think the smoother/slower track conditions at start/end of rain, has also been left out - we really enjoyed that at VEC past weekend at Spa! (beta build 1046)

30+ cars can maintain a damp racing line in light rain now, putting intermediates into play :)

Edit: As I just now noticed that Slow Motion have mentioned :)

20. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

:D Wondering 'bout Tim staying cool so far, thx for the LOD thing btw.

Greetings Mikk :cool: