rf2 64 bits + +simvibe + softth + trackmapplugin does not work.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by japdos, Feb 8, 2016.

1. japdos

japdos Registered

Hi
    I'm running rfactor2 (64 bits mode) and softth plugin for triple head and simvibe4 plugin for shaking. (I have to rename gameoverlayrenderer64.dll each time I launch the game in order to avoid a crash).
    This setup works very well, but If I try to add the trackmap plugin (64 bits) to the scenario then I get a crash to desktop with ntdll.dll error.
    (rfdynhud seems to be only 32 bits so it is not an option; simvibe4 plugin is only for 64 bits; so it's mandatory to use the 64 bits version of rfactor 2, but I need to find a plugin for displaying map circuits on screen (like trackmap plugin)
    Anybody runs this scenario?,
    (d3d9.dll chaining (softth and trackmapplugin) does not seem to friends)
    Any advice?

thanks.

2. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Hi, softh and trackmap rely on their own d3d9dll file. To use softh and the trackmap plugin you need to alter the trackmap config or ini file ( forget which ) it has a line that is d3d9dll = default you need to rename the trackmap dll to d3d9tm.dll or similar and then change the config (or .ini) file to reflect that. It should then work quite happily. Just checked, its the trackmap.ini file. The trackmap docs should be able to provide all the info you may require further.

Hope this is helpful

3. japdos

japdos Registered

I already had the ini file modifed to chain d3d9.dll's as you told me, and in this case rfactor2.exe crashes with ntdll.dll reported error.
    If I don't alter .ini file to use both d3d9.dll's (softh and trackmap) it works but only using one plugin of course.
    So, the ntdll.dll only happens when I modified the .ini file in order to chain both d3d9.dll's plugin.
    That's my problem.

4. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

I run win 7 64 bit and from memory didn't have an issue once I did as I have suggested to you. I didn't use it for long as I bought a better graphics card that happily ran 3 monitors so softh was no longer required. I left the softh installed d3d9.dll unchanged and changed only the trackmap d3d9.dll name both in the bin64 folder as softh didn't have a way to reassign that name. I wish I could help further but that error was not one I had when getting it working.

5. japdos

japdos Registered

Maybe your are launching rfactor in 32 bits mode? (aside from operating system would be 64 bits)
    I need it running in 64 bits mode due to simvibe4 plugin is only 64 bits dll.

Actually I'm running one gtx670 graphics card that can handle 3 monitores itself, but I still need softth because they are diferent size monitors.. and nvidia surround is not compatible with that setup :(

6. japdos

japdos Registered

SOLVED!!
    In 32 bits mode I can run all plugins ok, (trackmapplugin 64 bits 0.96)
    In 64 bits mode the problem happens (Crash to desktop with trackmapplugin 64 bits 0.96) but I've found that using 0.95-patch1 instead, the crash is gone and it seems to work ok.

7. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Well done

8. Balzer

Balzer Registered

hi ,I've been try to run rf2 with softth and it works in 32 but doesnt in 64.
    Im using v208b alpha.
    Win 7 and rf2 steam version.
    The interesting part is that softth works in 32 but trackmap doesnt and when i put them together rf2 crashes.
    In 64 trackmap works but softth doenst and putting them together doesnt help.

Could you please share your soffth config so i can have a look at it, if you have ideas what's going on it'd be appreciated, I'm losing my mind

9. japdos

japdos Registered

Balzer, try to delete (or rename) the gameoverlayrenderer64.dll before launching rf2.exe to avoid the crash.

Every time you restart steam this file will be restored so you'll have to delete/rename again.