Crashing with Windows 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Z06Trackman, Jan 30, 2016.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think you probably have a bad build of Windows, or some update that is bad, be it video driver or chipset. Try manually downloading your video driver from the manufacturer site.

2. traind

traind Registered

I am on the road so I don't have access to details but this sounds like my problem too. Updated video drivers seemed to help reduce the frequency some but I maybe imagining that. RF2 is the most frequent offender but I have also had some crashes with other sims. Never had this issue with my old pc which ran Vista. New pc was built by a gaming centric company.... IBuyPower.

I also use Simcommander.... Could that be a source of the problem?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Assume simcommander uses our plugin system? It's possible, but I'm finding myself increasingly less likely to blame plugins for things over the past few weeks. :(

4. ZVR

ZVR Registered

If you are using antivirus disable it and run rf2. If it is ok you can put rf2's folder in exception list. Maybe you should try the same with windows' internal scanner, I think it is call windows defender.
    Also check your firewall settings that you have a rule about allowing rf2 to access network or not so it doesn't pop up the security window.
    Another issue is the installation folder. If you use ProgramFiles / ProgramFiles(x86) even with Administrator mode windows can cause trouble to the game.

Personally had issues when it was loading the track, sometimes got stuck. Exception list in antivirus solved my issues.
    Win10 64bit home / Avast
    I have steam version of RF2.

5. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

Yes Simcommander from Simxperience uses the rF2 plugins. I had this in my previous Windows 7 build too. I tried turning of the anti-virus but that didn't help.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Older DX sims never look quite as good in W10 for mine, ie: GPL, Nascar2003, GTL, GTR etc.
    I had tested extensively with and without NV inspector settings and was never satisfied.

Why I do don't know but I believe it had to do with changes to the DX core and the way it handled quality settings.
    I remember engineers at the time saying how some older titles would be adversely affected.

I get no net gain running rFactor2 on W10 only inconsistency in my older sims.
    I am NOT saying that is everyone's experience.

Even still it is not just AV, imho it is all the other automated garbage and process W10 runs you need to look at too.