'Bout had it with this AI...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pitkin

pitkin Registered

'Tis annoying. Would be better if we could set each tracks performance individually and have it saved in the .AIW, or maybe an .json file.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You still haven't mentioned which car and track(s).

3. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Any. Post is about AI behavior in general.

Last time I tried, Flat6 @ Saopaolo

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Any is an exaggeration, and it's even me saying such thing :p. Like I said, Interlagos is rough, T4 is the worst part on the track and it's magnified on open-wheel cars.

5. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Well, I think I am just too fast for the AI then, LOL. I have to run 110-120% on most cars/tracks, so they outbreak and dive-bomb because of that. I can run them at 100-110, but then I am half a lap ahead at the end of the race... Can't find a compromise.

Put simply, if they would not gain braking power with skill above 100, and STAY IN THE DAMN CORRIDORS, then all would be fine. Giving the AI freedom to exit the corridors at will was a big mistake, too. Didn't happen in rF1.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

Ah, now we're getting somewhere!

In the player.JSON are lines for "AI Brake_Grip Usage" and "AI Brake_Power Usage". Turn them down when you're running past 110% AI Difficulty. Won't work for mods where the HDV over-rides the player.JSON.

Of the ISI road tracks, Sao Paulo has the slowest AI by far, across all classes of cars. AI there is at least 7% slower than the other tracks (or 14% in your case cause I'm not THAT fast, LOL).

7. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Thanks, I will try that. But the AI should not be able to use more than 100% brake power, EVER. That's the bottom line. When they can easily brake ~80ft later than me (I'm NOT slow) , that's just dumb.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And 100% should represent the speed of very good drivers; for various reasons that may not be the case, so above 100% will make the game exceed their set limitations in all areas. For all it knows their braking potential has been set wrong, so a blanket ban on any brake improvement would be dumb.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There are adjustments made to the values so the AI runs balanced vs humans, for more reasons than apparently you can fathom. Brake, grip, fuel, all those values have modifiers. Also do not forget in the game, the AI runs stock - bad - setups.

10. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I guess you're right. I am making a program to edit JSON more quickly than scrolling through on notepad, that will help a lot. I can make an rF2 version just for "player.JSON" editing, that will help loads I think. Almost done.

11. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

This is what I deal with. All the time. Crap like this:

I mean, Really?? You had plenty of room to NOT launch over the 6 inch high curb, but NOOO :p

I can't believe how many people have forgotten that this did NOT happen in rF1. Ever.

12. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Is it me or is LR the ugliest looking track in RF2?

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

BS

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yep.

15. Emery

Emery Registered

Try making WIS files, type 2 "Autocalibrate AI Mode"... http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23955-*-AI-Learning-Step-by-Step-Guide-*. No promises, but I'd be interested to hear your results.

Update: I just put the historic F3 through type 2 learning at Brianza and it cured their curb-hopping.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
  16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Chris (redapg) allready offer an online tool for those json modifications: http://meetme.bplaced.net/ratios.php

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

And Notepad++ also works very well for quick editing json files

18. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Registered

Not saying you don't have a valid point, but it sure looks like you dive-bombed the corner yourself...I would have taken the first corner wider.

19. Golanv

Golanv Registered

The line was already wide enough, there was more than a cars width space, so it was the AI's fault no question about that.
    AI makes a mistake (which is great) and ends up hitting the rear. Insidents like this brings just more credibility to AI when they make mistakes as well.

20. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.