'Bout had it with this AI...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

They are just utterly impossible to race with. They make idiot dive bomb moves and wreck you every chance they get, sideswipe you for no reason, you name it. I CANNOT finish a race with AI, EVER. Online, no problem. People who say this AI is "great", go play Forza, THAT is how an AI should work. They are easy to race with, and you don't always have to drive defensively and worry about being wrecked in every corner.

I swear, I am racing with a bunch of 8-year-olds. ;)

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That's harsh dude. :D

I really have no idea how you drive to get that sort of experience.
    I mean no ill by that, but in the nearly 3 years I've driven rF2 (at least one offline race every day), I've never had that happen to me, the way that you describe.

I could (but I won't ;) ) name a few other games and sims where I cannot finish races with AI, because they simply have no clue I am even there.
    That has never been the case for me in rF2, ever.

It was actually one of the first things that struck me in the very first race I did back in 2013.
    The AI was constantly aware of me, gave me space if I decided to go for a move, went side by side with me for corner after corner with no contact, swerved to avoid me if I messed up, etc.
    They would alternate their line if I went for a move and they wouldn't panic or lose control.

But okay... I'll bite.
    What AI settings are you using?

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Awhhhh he is gone , lol I was just about to invite him to F3 Italy @ 120%

Of course the Ai can wipe you out but there is much you can do to avoid it.

There is method in their madness.

;)

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

120% and waited for them twice. Lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. hak

hak Registered

I agree with hexagramme, if the AI ever bump me it is because I did something wrong. I have much better races against AI than against real ppl. RaceRoom.....lol....24 racers....I start in 21st place. In the first lap I somehow weave through the carnage to 5th place then on the 2nd lap the 19 wreckers managed to take me back to 15th. By lap 5 there were only 6 racers left. Give me rFactor 2 AI any day.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Why are a specific few always so defensive?

The AI does have a bit of a dodgy streak on certain places. I remember Interlagos, T4 is the worst place in the planet if you are not alone on the track. Sometimes the AI will awkwardly move off their line to hamper you, usually to your benefit as they throw themselves off the groove. I had an annoying occasion where I was just starting a hotlap and the AI dove bomb out of the pit onto my path, to block me, and the massive speed difference forced some undesirable stuff when you're going for that lap.

7. Comante

Comante Registered

Ehy this is the stuff that you can expect from real people on the server.. if even IA does it, then it mean that is doing his job right. :D

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Oh dear, Pearce again!
    You are doing something wrong!
    End of discussion.

9. Comante

Comante Registered

The only boring thing with AI is that for each track and combo you have to find the right performance level that suit your skill. What give you a nice challenge on a track, can be extremely slower or faster in another location.

10. argo0

argo0 Registered

I agree. The varying strength is easily the most annoying thing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

As far as AI's go, rF2 has one of the best on the market, you actually can call it a "great AI". It is very convinsing and life like to compete against.

Like John said, the used content matters. If the content maker has kept their product up to date, and made sure that the AI performs well, the experience should be the same as it is with ISI content.
    They do have an occational issue where they do not perform as they could/should, especially if the aggression is set too high/low, but ramming you consistently off the road is not something that happens with them. I do not even remember when, if ever, I have been "wrecked" by one.

Go and recheck your content and settings used. Produce a video or something, rather than just platantly jumping with assumptions that there is a flaw in the software.

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Never had an experience like the OP states. He's overstating his experience to make a point. Typical internet message board tactic.

The AI have dramatically improved the recent builds. Despite some flaws, they are the best in the business.

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yep. There are plenty of threads about getting the most out of the AI as well which he probably has not even looked for.

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I agree, I have no complaints with AI, I can have very interesting races off line, as it was done by humans it certainly can be improved, but very nice as is.

Cheers and have fun racing.

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Exactly.

I wasn't responding to his critique of the AI, there are still things to improve for sure. No one said it's perfect at this point.
    I was responding to the way he posted, the wild exaggerations, the mockery etc.
    Aggressively painting a very atypical picture of how the AI behaves.

It has nothing to do with being defensive (Gui)...
    Some folks really just need to learn how to provide proper feedback in a respectful way.

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Post proof or it didn't happen Durge!

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

pearce doesn't have a good posting history track record regarding tone and wording, but there are a few faults. Now there are relative and absolute ways of looking at it, in an absolute way, there is no denying of a few aspects of the behavior. In a relative way, there isn't a "current-gen" title with AI to match the current rF2 one in place.

Without always looking for improvement and criticism, you can have a team rest on its laurels due to the relative comparison, and fall way behind. Just see Konami with PES/WE form from 1995-2005, and what then took place from 2007-2014. Being defensive and driving the argument away is usually counter-productive.

Proof of people posting here is they do play the game and seek/find enjoyment from it, but as with everything, the first impulse to make a comment is driven out of dissatisfaction with something during that experience. If you are happy, you just keep driving and enjoying. You can still be frustrated with a few points but keep seeking that enjoyment with the same game.

18. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

You are a very unhappy person, obviously. All your posts/replies have the same bitter tone... Don't worry, I've been there and beyond...

Anyway, I am not "overstating" anything, I just simply can't race with the AI without being wrecked, mainly due to dive bomb moves into corners. They have no concept of "Ehh, maybe that's not a good idea.." They just go for it whether there's room or not. Even if I defend the inside line, they will still dive under me and drive on the curb (or grass) just to get by.

The main cause of this issue, of course, is the AI's insane braking power when above 100%. It's like when at 120% they have 120% braking power...

Was a little harsh I know, I'm just fed up. I've been trying for a month to record a race with AI, but it just wont happen... I can go for 6 hours straight, but only with slow AI.

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I know. it`s just a short video, but i got this fun for nearly one hour, without just one crash, divebomb..whatever

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Take a stress pill or something will ya

lool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.