Xbox one controller profile

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JOR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. JOR

JOR Registered

Hello all,

Does anyone have an xbox one controller profile for use with rf2. I've been trying to get a friend into rf2 but he hasn't got a wheel, only an xbox one controller(not 360). We've been trying to configure a profile for a few hours but we can't get it to a point where it does feel good with his gamepad.

k.regards
    JOR

2. Bazevo

Bazevo Registered

Don't have an xbox controller so don't have a profile as such, but having played around getting an older Logitech rumblepad to work, you could try the following settings if you haven't already. On the in-game controls page set the steering rate to about 20, and the speed sensitivity to about 65. Play around with the steering sensitivity gamma also - about 60 worked for me. Finally, in the 'controller.json' file, find the following line and make sure it's set as this: "Use Keyboard Rates For Analog":true, (I think it's set to false by default). Hope this helps.

3. JOR

JOR Registered

Thanks Bazevo,

Setting "Use Keyboard Rates For Analog" to true indeed gives us the possibility to introduce a delay to the steering, so the steering is more fluent.
    TO bad that if you change something to the controller settings ingame, and after you save the new settings, you have to exit the game, and re-edit the json and set "Use Keyboard Rates For Analog" to true again. Looks like its using some default values each time you save or resave the controller profile. Nevertheless the setting helps alot.

Thankyou