Cool, everybody can test the current Beta release on steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceDoedel, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

but Eddy its a waste of time testing it... there are no release notes to tell whats fixed and previous public betas never stopped a build release because of issues

2. woochoo

woochoo Registered

You can still get a steam key, with the following conditions:
    I guess if you actually don't want to use steam though, then it's still an issue. I doubt there is much extra joy to be had testing unstable builds. You're probably not missing out on much, except possible aggravation from random CTDs, or accidentally broken features, and stuff like that.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There's no amazing surprise on the beta builds, you know? That's why it takes a while for public builds to be updated. You only get what's been through quite a lot of testing without having to do that testing. And you get to keep your nice non-Steam game. I prefer my non-Steam to my Steam.

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks all for your responses but that is not the point i wanted to make, i know i can go steam i know it probably won't do much to test the betas.

I don't want to derail the thread but last thing i'm gonna say about it is a little story (keep in mind that English isn't my native language i don't want to hurt anybody with the story just tell what i mean)

There once was a country it was the rFactor2 country and although not every day was a fun day in rFactor2 everybody who lived there was having fun and enjoyed all the things they could do in their country. It was a country where everybody could do as they like.
    One day the government decided to split the country in 2 states. In one state, lets call it the non state things stayed the same. In the other state people where having a red nose and could do more.

So having a red nose means you have more choices...We have got a word for it i think.........and that's what i don't like, i never expected it to happen in this country. But it's a free country and nobody is forcing me to do things so i guess all is good.

Have a good day

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you aren't moving to steam because you don't like steam, then consider access to the betas (as above, I don't know that you're actually missing much there... but ok) compensation for having to use steam :)

End of the day you have choices on what you use, and what's available to you. I can think of at least one good reason to limit the betas to steam, ISI may have more.

*As for the 'split country' thing, as long as new builds come out within a few hours of each other, I don't see it as an issue. Betas aren't important enough to really be a split.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

People upset for not being able to use an unofficial release just because "it's new, I must have it now, it's my right" is just the latest weirdness of this community. I'm not on steam, and I will update when ISI will consider the update official and release it. The fact that someone can see it before me, it's far from being problem.

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

To be honest I see it how eddy. I remember there was a content release (race events) only on steam. Redapg posted for us non steam users here in the forum. The presence of ISI IMO is also less as in earlier times. We can't see steam users in the matchmaker and I don't like the word "non steam" .
    I have steam and also nothing against it.

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Probably a dumb question, but when the new public build comes out, will it update if I'm currently running the beta or will I have to opt out of the beta first?

9. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

It amazes me what turns into an argument in this forum...

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I presume the beta would update it to the latest build, so say 1046 is deemed good, it could become public as it is, and you already have it.

11. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

If you have specifically opted into a beta, it will stay on that branch until you say otherwise.

13. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Thanks.